Just FYI - Engel cooler price drop...

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
No affiliation, just saw the pricing had dropped from their regular amounts. Not as inexpensive as RTIC, but I've never seen Yeti/Grizzly/Canyon/Orca/Pelican/Etc do a price drop like this.

I long waffled over an rugged, expensive cooler or saving up for a fridge/freezer but the price and 24in exterior length of the 50qt made this an easy choice over the RTIC 45 or 65 for not too much more.

No idea how long before the prices revert.

25Qt - $150
35Qt - $200
45Qt - $230 (New Size added Summer 2017)
50Qt - $250 (Previously $330)
65Qt - $280
80Qt - $300
123Qt - $400
165Qt - $550

As a reference Yeti prices are...

20Qt - $200
35Qt - $300
45Qt - $350
50Qt - $380
65Qt - $400
75Qt - $450
105Qt - $480
110Qt - $500
125Qt - $550

https://www.engelcoolers.com/rotomoldedcoolers.html

EDIT... Prices have remained at these reduced amounts as of October 2017. And I guess they couldn't ignore the popularity of the 45Qt size that every other brand sells so they have one available now. Updated the list above.

Last edited:

thefishhawk

Adventurer
I thought I had seen on the coolers it was just a new pricing model. Like they had finally come to their senses and pulled things back from the stratosphere and trying to undercut Yeti and a few of the others and just sell them at a more reasonable price. It doesn't appear to be a sale, just the prices, on the coolers on the website. Maybe the price war has finally come! lol I think the nice thing there is getting the 10 year warranty. Versus an RTIC at normal price it's pretty good deal. if RTIC does 20-30% off again, then who knows. (I got my 65 for $139 so I can't say i'd double that for an engel)

that's a sweet sale on the fridges!

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Looking on Amazon, some of the Engel coolers show similar pricing to what's on the Engel website, and others are the higher prices that I remember from them before. +$300 for that 50Qt in question. I'm just guessing that when their stocks go down the prices will come back up.

The RTIC 65 for that price seems like a steal, but too long for the back of my FJC with the rear seat up. That's why I was liking the idea of the more square profile of the Engel/Yeti 50s.

thefishhawk

Adventurer
sometimes that's what I comes down to more than anything when you have a certain dimension you want and finding the right one to fit there since every company is a little different. On the rafting forums it's always "what's the biggest cooler that will fit between the tubes on such and such boat"

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
I ended up with the white 50Qt that I wanted, a 'SeaFoam' 25Qt to give as a birthday present, plus an interior divider and basket for each one, and it all cost me the same as one 75Qt Yeti.

Engel%20Family%20Photo_zpsjmmygwne.jpg~original

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles