2004 suburban build

rayra

Expedition Leader
Looks like a lot of fun. In the last few weeks I've done my front bearings / hubs, upper control arms and CV axles and added some rubber washers to my torsion crossmember mount. And am shortly ordering some new lower control arms and taking another stab at the torsion crossmember mount bushings. I probably should have done the same as you and piled everything up first, but the bearing failure kicked it all off at a time not of my choosing.

Jelorian

Adventurer
I haven't been back here in awhile as other things have occupied my time but I just want to wish you luck on your build and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Cheers!

jonb8

Adventurer
I haven't been back here in awhile as other things have occupied my time but I just want to wish you luck on your build and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Cheers!

Your Burb is exactly the stance I'm looking for.... Nice...

jonb8

Adventurer
Looks like a lot of fun. In the last few weeks I've done my front bearings / hubs, upper control arms and CV axles and added some rubber washers to my torsion crossmember mount. And am shortly ordering some new lower control arms and taking another stab at the torsion crossmember mount bushings. I probably should have done the same as you and piled everything up first, but the bearing failure kicked it all off at a time not of my choosing.

I did most of the steering and bearings after are Canada trip this spring, I put BFG mud terrains on and they cupped bad on the 2500 trip.... Hopefully I have better luck with the Falken tires.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
The cupping problems on my burb were solved with new BJs and shocks. Mostly the shocks I would bet though.

jonb8

Adventurer
I bought new stock shocks, but upgraded with Billstein 5100's for the lifted version and
new upper and lower control arms with balljoints... If I have to have the torsion bars loose when I put in the key's then I might as well change the arms while I'm at it..

wvracer821

Observer
What swaybar end links did everyone use with key lift? are stock links long enough? Thanks

I didn’t use a key, I just cranked the bars up. The truck sits level on the same tires your using. The stock stuff has all been fine for me. I did loosen all the bolts and retorque them once I got my ride height so the bushings would be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Parts for the suburban started showing up today, I was on the fence when I ordered the Falken Wildpeaks but I dig them when I see them in person....

2 1/2 years and about 30,000 miles on my Wildpeaks and I'm still happy with them.

jonb8

Adventurer
I wish I could start on it this week but I have to get the jeep 100% before I pull the suburban off the road till it's done........ I'm tired of working on the jeep.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94