Foxwing Awning Group Buy -Is there one going on somewhere

TeleSteve

Adventurer
I think the foxwing is a great awning, but it is a bit short for a full size van. At only 98" long the front edge would stop in the middle of the side door(s). Not the end of the world, but I would prefer to have full coverage of the side door(s). If they made a 2.75-3m it would be perfect.

86scotty

Cynic
I think the foxwing is a great awning, but it is a bit short for a full size van. At only 98" long the front edge would stop in the middle of the side door(s). Not the end of the world, but I would prefer to have full coverage of the side door(s). If they made a 2.75-3m it would be perfect.

I'm waiting on that too.

SirMrManGuy

Observer
At this price you could almost have two ARB awnings. They are really well made and easy to setup...I bet you could put two up before the fox wing.

Randall Dee

Huge Member
It looks like it would catch a lot of wind.

All the photos and videos show a left side mount, which wouldn't do us US van owners much good, even if it was longer and covered the side door. Do they make a right side mount?

TeleSteve

Adventurer
It looks like it would catch a lot of wind.

All the photos and videos show a left side mount, which wouldn't do us US van owners much good, even if it was longer and covered the side door. Do they make a right side mount?
They make a right and left side.

North

Observer
I like the concept, but the idea of setting up the multitude of support poles and guy-lines is unappealing. It also fragments the egress - I think wheeling bikes or motos under there and dodging poles/lines would get old. If somebody made one that could support itself with only the rotating arms and a guy-line on each corner I'd be all over it. Something like the custom one gatorboy built.

Rhino Rack is on Promotive (now Experticity), so any hack with the slightest connection to the outdoor industry should be able to get their stuff at a decent discount.

45Kevin

Adventurer
At this price you could almost have two ARB awnings. They are really well made and easy to setup...I bet you could put two up before the fox wing.

Yeah, I could get an 8 footer for the side and a 6 footer for the back and have the corner open, but this is 270 degrees of coverage. It will only come to the middle of the forward PS barn doors. I can live with that. A 2.75 or 3 meter length would be ideal though. And set up time? we are talking one minute versus two minutes. Heck you are on vacation, what's a minute.

And sure, wind is a problem for all awnings, but this one has poles and guy lines, and anecdotal reports from current owners say they do stand up well in the wind.

The awnings are made in Australia so most of the marketing photos are on RH drive vehicles, but they are readily available for left hand drive vehicles.

So, who is in for a group buy?

SirMrManGuy

Observer
Just watched the video... Actually that looks pretty simple to setup, I thought it rolled up differently.

Still, for the price I'm very happy with my ARB which are $299 shipped on Amazon or 4wheel parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior