Camera comparison for latest smartphones

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.imore.com/best-smartphone-camera

iMore is a web site devoted (even slavishly devoted) to Apple products. So it must be a bit uncomfortable for them to report that the iPhone 7 came in #4 in a group of four phones they evaluated. Samsung S8 got first place, Google Pixel second, LG G6 third.

Even more uncomfortable, the iPhone 7 was a distant fourth, winning only the selfie photo category. The three Android phones were quite close in the final tally, so much so that a different set of photos might produce different results. The evaluation was crowd-sourced, with 53,000 votes cast.

robgendreau

Explorer
Too bad they didn't do a RAW comparison. That might have been interesting, since all they really tested was the processing software of each phone. Which is kinda interesting I guess. Although I doubt anyone is buying phones based on the cameras. But maybe we'll get there.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The ole 1020 still beats all of them for overall image quality....the speed lags behind and video is not "AS GOOD AS" the others, but for PHOTOS, the 1020 still cannot be beat. That being said, I sold my 2 1020s and moved to the iPhone 6s because of the app/windows mobile situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne