Interior rear rack for a JKU

Boatmonkey

Observer
What are my options for an interior rack for the rear of my JKU? Tuffy is out because I need to be able to mount an ARB 50L back there as well. Thanks!

crusaderJK

Adventurer
Check out the interior rack from Frontrunner.
Might be what you're looking for.
But storing a fridge under a shelf/rack only makes sense when you have a fridge slide. JMHO

EMrider

Explorer
I have the Frontrunner cargo rack and cargo slide. Great products and very well built. The cargo rack significantly increases the useable space in the back of a JK.

My 52L National Luna weekender fridge fits on the slide and under the rack. It is snug, but it fits.

R

EttienneM

Observer
I used 3 Front Runner load bars and concocted my own. An extra set of rear roof rack brackets, used upsidedown makes it the perfect height for a fridge and a slide.
Spacing the three bars the same as on the front runner roofrack allows me to use front runner's rack accessories on it as well.

IMG_0211.JPGrack1.jpg

Boatmonkey

Observer
Check out the interior rack from Frontrunner.
Might be what you're looking for.
But storing a fridge under a shelf/rack only makes sense when you have a fridge slide. JMHO

i do plan on adding a slide as well. That would add around 2", right? Makes getting one that sits high enough even more crucial.

Boatmonkey

Observer
Frontrunner makes some great racks and I do like there interior rack. I was hoping to get a few more recommendations from people who are using different brands. Maybe even someone that has the same fridge running with a slide and rack. Thanks for all the responses so far.

crusaderJK

Adventurer
IMG_20170519_2211191.jpg
I do have the Frontrunner cargo slide. I've built a box that sits on top of it and rests on the side frames of the slide.

Eagle05

Adventurer
Frontrunner and there is a used one with extras for sale by a member in equipment for a pretty nice deal

That's me.
Thanks for the plug Happykamper. I saw your PM and if it doesn't sell for a while, I'll consider you first in line for shipping.

I really liked it and would recommend the Frontrunner as well. Even if it's not mine.
I initially used it with an ARB 50 qt and an Alu-Cab tilting slide which worked just fine underneath. When I swapped that fridge out to my 37 qt and lifted the shelf up 2" (like I saw another member did on here), I added a drawer underneath that worked great for small item storage.
The only reasons I'm selling are because my wife didn't love it and wanted the open space back, and until we stretch the tongue on our trailer I can't open the back door all the way. We needed to be able to access the fridge from the top.

There are more pictures on my build thread if needed.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/172161-FS-Front-Runner-JKU-4-Door-Cargo-Storage-Interior-Rack-(Lower-Alabama)

rubicon91

Explorer
I have the Teraflex rear cargo rack and it fits perfectly over the 50qt on a slide.
247b075ac9b7b2686377af1645e3da39.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rlgrace2011

Observer
I wanted the same thing... Rear rack, cost effective, strong enough to hold gear, but tall enough my RTIC 45 could slide under it easily. Couldn't justify 500 on a rack so I ended up building my own.

IMG_0030.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles