Mini split AC. Can the condenser be run on its side?

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I am looking to install a couple of mini split systems in the new truck. But real estate being as valuable as it is I would like to lay the condensers at an angle on the cab roof.

I will be ruggedizing the components to minimize vibration based problems it's more the gas flow issues I am concerned with.

Ramdough

Adventurer
I am looking to install a couple of mini split systems in the new truck. But real estate being as valuable as it is I would like to lay the condensers at an angle on the cab roof.

I will be ruggedizing the components to minimize vibration based problems it's more the gas flow issues I am concerned with.

I have thought of the same thing, but I think the answer will depend on how the condenser is built. The unit will have a compressor that is most likely designed to be on level ground. I am not sure what else would be angle dependent, but I would not be surprised that there would be several other things.

I am sure someone else here will have more knowledge on the subject than myself, but that is what I would look at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94