DIY Maxtrax bag?

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Go to Craigslist and find a cordura bag for an electronic keyboard. Only took me a couple of weeks to find one that fit my MaxTrax. You get full length zipper, handles, padding and room for other miscellaneous stuff.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Easy and cheap to sew a simple long bag with a drawstring closure on one end and some carry-strap handles.

ripstopbytheroll.com has all the materials, inexpensively. If you know anybody that can sew.

Maxtrax roughly 45"L x 13"W x 3.5"H

1 Yard of 1000D cordura, 60"W. $11.50
11' of 1" flat webbing, about $4
2.5' of cordage and a cord lock. couple bucks.
Call it $20 in materials.
Real easy to shape the bag and made the cord channel.
sew the 1" webbing into a saddle loop to form handles at the middle balance point, with the straps going around the bottom to support / take the weight.

See the awning thread in my sig. It would be an easy and affordable project.

eta finding another product bag that will work is indeed easy, but if the idea is to be inconspicuous that sort of backfires if the bag says 'YAMAHA' on it. See a similar quest come up on gun boards often, folks looking to conceal their firearms in apartment settings and the like. Often see keyboard bags, guitar bags, golf bags suggested, but all those are theft targets too. Old surplus duffle bag would be nice, but they aren't long enough, they're 36-38" long and it takes a couple of those inches to shut them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles