Toyota Hilux Galaxy

60toyetero

Adventurer
Looking really good. Did we ever find out what the bumpouts on the doors are for?

aesthetics... Might take them off when i paint the bottom from gold to tan but then again might not.. I actually like them hahah everybody always asks that they are for.. I think they built them from factory to make the front match the width of the camper for merely aesthetics and maybe some aerodynamics

60toyetero

Adventurer
Nicely done!! The ARB bumper looks awesome and so do the rim/tire combo. Wider rear axle will be great.

Cheers

the FF kit will add some width so we will see. After that is remove fender flare which are adding about 2-3 inches of depth" that's how much they stick out from the camper about!" maybe 2" inch spacers in the end.. I would rather not run spacers at all but I had some on my dodge that was weighing over 12k lbs with zero issues from wheeladapters.com

Clawhammer

Adventurer
Looks cool, but might not actually be cool in the summer. Depends on where you're traveling of course.

Still, there's a reason recreational vehicles were mostly plain white in the days before air-conditioning ran rampant through America's campgrounds, lol.

Because white paint is cheaper and RV's are huge?

(I get your original point but I think the cost of the paint, when you need A LOT of it, factors in too).

60toyetero

Adventurer
Because white paint is cheaper and RV's are huge?

(I get your original point but I think the cost of the paint, when you need A LOT of it, factors in too).

I agree. I am actually going to only be painting the bottom gold to tan and doing custom graphics on the rest

Mako1114

Adventurer
the FF kit will add some width so we will see. After that is remove fender flare which are adding about 2-3 inches of depth" that's how much they stick out from the camper about!" maybe 2" inch spacers in the end.. I would rather not run spacers at all but I had some on my dodge that was weighing over 12k lbs with zero issues from wheeladapters.com

I've never had issues with the spidertrax wheel adapters that are on my Jeep. As far as the bumpouts on the door: it might look kind of cool if you horizontally mounted something like a shovel on the driver side bumpout and an axe on the passenger side with a set of quick fists?

Cheers

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Man, what a huge difference steelies and an ARB bumper made! looks killer, I can't wait to see what you come up with for graphics!

60toyetero

Adventurer
I've never had issues with the spidertrax wheel adapters that are on my Jeep. As far as the bumpouts on the door: it might look kind of cool if you horizontally mounted something like a shovel on the driver side bumpout and an axe on the passenger side with a set of quick fists?

Cheers

I Will most def asses the situation if after my conversion those wheels are stuck in still. There are stories all over the place about adaptors but I am sure if I get some fat steel 2 inch adaptors with some harder than stock lugs I would be fine but there is always that what if hahah Time will tell as I continue to build this little guy

60toyetero

Adventurer
Man, what a huge difference steelies and an ARB bumper made! looks killer, I can't wait to see what you come up with for graphics!

Thanks! Not sure where we are taking the graphics but I think some mountains would looks cool for sure and maybe a small logo Toyota overland oriented

60toyetero

Adventurer
How'd it handle on the off-camber trails? I suspect you are really looking forward to the wider rear axle and wheel spacers! Are you considering wheel spacers upfront? As much as most people (myself included) dislike Bushwacker style flares it would help to minimize the look of the narrow profiled cab.

Cheers

It handles great! the rig fully loaded is right under 6k lbs. I have no problems with the camper making the rig feel unstable. I like the narrow profile in all paces but my rear wheel sticking so far in and thats the only thing i'm going to fix.. took the fender flares off today to customize them on the back but just without the added 3 inches of depth it looks great already. can't wait for the kit though!

borison

Adventurer
Looks good. I think I'd take off the bumpouts on the doors, especially if they don't serve any functional purpose. That would do a lot to clean up the profile and streamline the design. I like white up top with a desert tan lower. And that wheel and tire combo is killer. Don't even have to mention the bumper.

60toyetero

Adventurer
Looks good. I think I'd take off the bumpouts on the doors, especially if they don't serve any functional purpose. That would do a lot to clean up the profile and streamline the design. I like white up top with a desert tan lower. And that wheel and tire combo is killer. Don't even have to mention the bumper.

I am going to put an access door on those bumps on the side and keep recovery gear and who knows what other stuff.... thats an idea but we will see when I paint if i keep them off.. I personally like them brings the width of the camper and cab together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles