Toyota Hilux Galaxy

60toyetero

Adventurer
Can't wait for this to show up and build it right!

Bottom paint, Arb bumper, winch, wheels, tires, rear axel beef up to FF, maybe lift, make the interior modern,.....:smiley_drive:

hilux.jpg

chunko

Observer
Awesome!

This was the one that was recently for sale on here, right?

What are the popped-out sections on the doors for?

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
Nice. I really like this vehicle. I remember the FS ad.
-
IMO... this is a unicorn. I like the idea of modernizing it to an extent while keeping the retro feel and unique appearance.
-
If it were me (sharing my thoughts)... I would keep the two-tone paint job. An ARB bumper with some rectangular IPFs would look sharp - color match the bottom of it gold to match the factory bumper's appearance. Keep the OEM retro wheels, wrap them in ATs - the ride height looks nice, a conservative lift (OME) would work if the suspension is worn out. Throw an ARB air locker, or two, in the mix. Add OBA. I like where your head is at with the axle build!
-
You're a lucky duck. I can't wait to see where you go with it.

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
I'd keep the retro feel if it were mine!

Arb front bumper, some sort of vintage looking lights with leds maybe (retrofit?), classic steel wheels, small lift.

Or I keep thinking it would look really sick with some SCS F5's in bronze or white. It'd match that color scheme so well.

60toyetero

Adventurer
Awesome!

This was the one that was recently for sale on here, right?

What are the popped-out sections on the doors for?

It was indeed for sale here. Long story short, the guy who bought it and reposted it snatched it after I had made a deal with the original seller in AU. He reposted it all over the place and I was able to get in touch with him. We both knew how things had happened so this time when I made a deal we made it work. His situations had changed and he was happy seeing it go back to me sense I wanted this thing so bad the first time it came up for sale in AU. The sections on the door I believe are just aesthetics.

60toyetero

Adventurer
Nice. I really like this vehicle. I remember the FS ad.
-
IMO... this is a unicorn. I like the idea of modernizing it to an extent while keeping the retro feel and unique appearance.
-
If it were me (sharing my thoughts)... I would keep the two-tone paint job. An ARB bumper with some rectangular IPFs would look sharp - color match the bottom of it gold to match the factory bumper's appearance. Keep the OEM retro wheels, wrap them in ATs - the ride height looks nice, a conservative lift (OME) would work if the suspension is worn out. Throw an ARB air locker, or two, in the mix. Add OBA. I like where your head is at with the axle build!
-
You're a lucky duck. I can't wait to see where you go with it.

I do want to keep the two tone potentially but I am just not a big fan of the gold. I like the idea of the charcoal these 80 pickups came in. I also saw one of these at the Japanese auction painted dessert tan like the new tacomas and it looked super cool so maybe not painting the whole rig but replacing that gold with dessert tan would look rad. I am def going with an ARB bumper winch and lights. Lockers might be something fun to add down the road. I do like the height and If I were to replace the springs and do a lift it would not be more than 2-3 inches. BFG K02 are a must too. I am researching my options to replace the rear axel with a FF rear and potentially going single wheel.

60toyetero

Adventurer
I'd keep the retro feel if it were mine!

Arb front bumper, some sort of vintage looking lights with leds maybe (retrofit?), classic steel wheels, small lift.

Or I keep thinking it would look really sick with some SCS F5's in bronze or white. It'd match that color scheme so well.

I don't think that anything I do with it will get rid of the old school feel on this rig. The body alone will always make this thing just look old school and rad. The inside I'll probably keep pretty much like it is except a couple of personal touches. I most def will put a webasto heating unit and a cassette toilet system. My wife and I are actually full time RV living and when this rig gets here we plan on putting our touches on it ASAP and moving homes.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Am I the only one who wants to see that ARB Bumper painted to match that gold/bronze lower body color... :drool:

attachment.php

Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer
Looks cool, but might not actually be cool in the summer. Depends on where you're traveling of course.

Still, there's a reason recreational vehicles were mostly plain white in the days before air-conditioning ran rampant through America's campgrounds, lol.

Well I understand it would be warmer when the sun is beaming on it but during the day we would be outside hiking biking and so on. I could see a simple fan or windows open fixing that issue if we did indeed wanted to hang out inside, or just parking in the shade. I don't think it would be drastically warmer than it being white though. At night, when the sun is not out, the color would make no difference at all. I personally think that during the winter months, it would be nice if the sun helped keep the place warm during the days instead of having to run heat 24/7 if we end up living in it full time. Again, I don't think the difference in temperatures from white to a light tan would be very different. ( the color I photoshopped is a little darker than what I have in mind which is more of a tan like the old troopies, or similar to the new tacomas)

60toyetero

Adventurer
IMG_4968.jpg

Waiting on my rear FF axle kit which will add about 3 inches width to the rear axle. After that I will asses if I want spacers or leave it and get rid of the fender flares

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles