What should I do with this cool little trailer?

For those with eagle eyes, the filters in this pic are P100 particulate matter filters - not P100 chem absorbant filters. I saw that right after this pic was taken (and 2 minutes after she started helping) and gave her the right respirator with the proper P100 organic vapor cartridges. Imron is nasty nasty paint.

Imron is some nasty stuff but kicks butt. Going to be using the same stuff when I finally get my trailer done for paint. Going to use 250S Etching primer then 934S epoxy and then using Axalta's EZ line of single stage . Im pretty lucky to work for a dump truck manufacture and we get Axlata at OEM pricing :)

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
Imron is some nasty stuff but kicks butt. Going to be using the same stuff when I finally get my trailer done for paint. Going to use 250S Etching primer then 934S epoxy and then using Axalta's EZ line of single stage . Im pretty lucky to work for a dump truck manufacture and we get Axlata at OEM pricing :)

This paint is amazing...seriously tough stuff. It has only chipped where I had too much urethane topcoat on some of the edges...otherwise it is tough. For the first time ever spraying anything, I was pretty happy with how it came out. The primer is too think to use a conventional HVLP sprayer, so I tried different HF guns till I found one that would work. Ended up using a siphon fed heavy duty automotive sprayer. I shot the primer coat with a sputter spray b/c I wanted a textured finish - well if I am honest, it is b/c I couldn't get a nice smooth primer finish. I didn't want to thin it b/c of dry times and not really knowing what I was doing. Ha! .... and you can definitely see my learning curve in action (got better as I learned). The Imron Primer is not UV stable, so it will chalk with time. The urethane epoxy is - you can see the difference if you look at the interior shot of the trailer. The bottom was 'Primer White' while the top is topcoated with the urethane finish - only reason why I did that was time/energy ( I ran out).

Those numbers sound familiar, but honestly I forgot what I used. I can check the cans if you're interested...

Make sure you take proper procedures - get the organic vapor respirator (they are only good for 8 hrs after being opened), shield your eyes if you are going to be spraying, and wear the proper gloves. The thinners used are equally nasty and can lead to chemical sensitivities in a hurry. I didn't think to get on the compatibility of plastics, but the catalyst and thinner melted some of the pour spouts...

Last edited:

M35A2

Tinkerer
Coker sells a repro tire that is tall and bias-ply. Nice pie crust. Something like a 7.50 or 8.20 x 15, IIRC. Might be perfect for you.

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
Coker sells a repro tire that is tall and bias-ply. Nice pie crust. Something like a 7.50 or 8.20 x 15, IIRC. Might be perfect for you.

Any thoughts on running a tube type tire. The STA Traxion tire requires tubes...and looks pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior