Spare-tire holding bumper for F150?

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I am familiar with the SW, as I'm just north of you. You may want to start with getting some better tires. I'm assuming you've got the Defender M/S, which are good for road, ok for dirt, but you could do better in the "stoutness" arena. Get some decent A/T tires.
_
What's better than being able to change out 2 flat tires? Not getting a flat in the first place. :D

Agreed if you need 2 spares, do you also carry extra belts,hoses, and spark plugs? Redundancy has a place, but this isn't an airplane. All that being said you want 2 spares get 2 spares. Shows up pics of the custom bumper when done.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
well I have only had the dual swing out but I am considering going with a single swing next. My main issue is when I'm camping I'm cooking from my tailgate... My tent opens to the drivers side and the awning to the passenger side... on more than a few occasions I have ran into one of the swing arms especially at night.... other than that I really like the bumper the way it is....

Ooofff! that would take the wind out of your sails... :eek:
For what it's worth, it looks great, and having two spindles to share the load is a pretty cool idea. :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94