Engel 35 or ARB 37 which will fit an upright wine bottle?

Capt Jon

Observer
I have space limitations and a 20" tall fridge isn't working out. So the NL is moving to my wife's truck, and I am looking for something a little more low profile like the Engel 35 or the ARB 37. I have experience and great faith in the Engel, but am open to new things.

I have read the specs, and they both are about 12.5" high inside, but haven't found anybody who can verify what that means in real world use with baskets, real world bottle variations, etc....

I would love to hear from anyone who regularly fails or succeeds in carrying an upright wine bottle in either of these.

Thanks!

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I have space limitations and a 20" tall fridge isn't working out. So the NL is moving to my wife's truck, and I am looking for something a little more low profile like the Engel 35 or the ARB 37. I have experience and great faith in the Engel, but am open to new things.

I have read the specs, and they both are about 12.5" high inside, but haven't found anybody who can verify what that means in real world use with baskets, real world bottle variations, etc....

I would love to hear from anyone who regularly fails or succeeds in carrying an upright wine bottle in either of these.

Thanks!

From the interweb:

37 qt interior:

Main Compartment: 12.6" H x 11.2" W x 13.3" D

Dairy/Fruit Compartment: 5" H x 11.2" W x 6" D

Measured my 50 qt and a 12" wine bottle has around 3" above it with/without the basket so the bottle should stand upright in the 37 but it will be close. Might have to loose the basket to gain that little extra clearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke