4XPEDITION 2017 Subaru Outback Overland Road Warrior build

4xpedition

We've been building something extraordinary to go side by side with our Rubicons and expedition trailers. It's a 2017 Subaru Outback Overland Road Warrior complete with 2" lift, under armor, bumper guard, RTX LED lighting, canister filter bypass, BFG AT KO2s, Cusco Tow hook, RTX gun metal wheels, Wilco Off-road High Clearance Hitchgate Solo rear tire carrier with swing out arm, set of MaxTrax, and soon to have a iKamper Skycamp RTT. This ain't no soccer mom Subaru. Check it out.

IMG_4093.jpg
IMG_4094.jpg
IMG_4105.jpg
IMG_4106.jpg
IMG_4108.jpg
IMG_4121.jpg
IMG_4232.jpg

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
How is this project coming along? We have a 2016 Outback with an RTT...and after spending 10 grand trying to get my Jeep to carry an RTT comfortably (and failing), I think I'm going to start building the Suby for a camping rig too.

Hal43

Looks great and very familiar!

c8hdkFX.jpg

PHV2NQz.jpg

dr_r2r

Observer
Those tow rings looks cool but very weak. I had a couple snapped on me already on a smaller and lighter car. It's also dangerous, for the tow line would be flying around anywhere when snapped.

LazerBlazer

Have you used the tow hook for recovery yet, and what observations did you have? Is the bumper guard a part if the chassis and can it be used for recovery? Would really like to add some appropriate recovery points to my Crosstrek.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier