Entry level camping trailer

BlackdogGS

Observer
The wife and I are kind of looking for out first camping trailer. It must be lightweight, less than 4,000 pounds loaded. We really love the Casitas but we would rather spend less as we're not sure about RVing. Our travels would be within about a 400 mile radius, around Pacific & Inland Northwest. I found a unit that looks interesting for an affordable price. It's a 2013 14', AvengerATI. Appears to be in nice shape. The window next to the door was replaced (installed by dealer) with a larger one. The seller is taking bids; the last bid was $2,500 so I offered $3,200. The bidding will stop tomorrow (5/26). and I hope to get it for around $4,000. Is this a good deal? What should I beware of? I'm mechanically capable and don't mind working out the bugs. The first thing is swapping out the 13" wheels for some 14". Thanks!

image hosting without account

kzam

Observer
You would be hard pressed to build something comparable for less than $4,000. You might have a more rugged frame and axles doing it yourself but you wouldn't be able to afford many amenities.

This looks like a pretty low cost, low risk investment because if you don't love it, you can probably sell it for close to what you paid for it.

fortel

Adventurer
Looks like a decent deal. If you get it be sure to keep the caulking in good shape on the roof. At four years old it's probably due for a good inspection and recaulking of any questionable spots. Once water finds its way in things go downhill fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior