Sold - Kimberly Kamper 2004 Explorer Thanks Rob

COBlu77

With some hesitation, I'm selling my beloved and very rare 2004 Kimberly Kamper Explorer. Kids are grown and the wife won't go anymore. It is in pristine shape, with everything in good working order and all ropes, poles, stakes, velcro and canvas clean and in perfect condition. I did remove most of the decals (not into advertising). Mine is the show model they were touring the country with when they were trying to test the market in the USA, so it has every option and then some. I bought it directly from Kimberly's owner. He wanted to figure out the US market and I helped him equip this one specifically for hunting in CO. Pictures of mine wre used in their marketing for 2005/2006.

I addition to a Webasto catalytic heater, 6 new AGM batteries (210amp hr), it has an 80qt Waeco fridge, fully enclosed awing with roof jack for wood stove, ensuite zip on kids bedroom (rare), ensuite zip on bathroom, and several other special features.

If you don't know what a Kimberly Kamper is, do some research and you will see how tough, special and rare these things are. This is well beyond anything made and sold here as an "Offroad Popup". This thing will truly go offroad and tows down the road like no other. Christo Slee told me he thought there were only about a dozen in the US. This is definitely not for you if you're looking for a cheap used pop-up. I'm asking $14,500. PM me with your contact info, if you are serious and I can send more pics.
IMG_1095.jpg
IMG_1090.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_1126.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG
IMG_1131.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1141.JPG
    IMG_1141.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

Romer

Adventurer
These are awesome Kampers and built tough to go out in the Bush. My 2002 still looked new when I sold it last year. I thought I would keep it forever and then I liked it so much I bought a more expensive Kimberley, the Karavan.

COBlu77

How much weight can be carried on the top and what is the axle and tongue rated for?

I'm doing this from memory, but the rack on top can hold up to 650lbs, the axle is a Dexter 3500# with electric brakes and hand brake, and the Treg hitch is rated for 2 tons. The trailer empty weighs 2200# and tows like a dream, even behind my highly modified early Bronco.

COBlu77

These are awesome Kampers and built tough to go out in the Bush. My 2002 still looked new when I sold it last year. I thought I would keep it forever and then I liked it so much I bought a more expensive Kimberley, the Karavan.

Yes, I'm really struggling with selling it, but my kids are grown and as anyone in CO will tell you, it's now a bit over crowded. You have to see one in person to truly appreciate how well built and engineered these things are. When I bought it, money was no object, I wanted the absolute best I could buy for elk hunting and remote camping for extended times. At the time nothing even came close to a Kimberly. They are truly a lifetime investment and will last a lifetime, if cared for and maintained. In AU people save and save to get one of these and are a bit of a status symbol there. Here they are rare as hens teeth, but everyone that sees it asks me about and says wow.

PowerWagner

Explorer
I'm doing this from memory, but the rack on top can hold up to 650lbs, the axle is a Dexter 3500# with electric brakes and hand brake, and the Treg hitch is rated for 2 tons. The trailer empty weighs 2200# and tows like a dream, even behind my highly modified early Bronco.

Thank you for the additional info. Is there a way to get a photo of the space available on the other side of the galley or where ever else one could store gear in the trailer while underway?

PowerWagner

Explorer
Thank you for the additional info. Is there a way to get a photo of the space available on the other side of the galley or where ever else one could store gear in the trailer while underway?

Never mind - caught your CL post and answered my question there. You're a bit away from me but I'm drooling over it :)

COBlu77

With some hesitation, I'm selling my beloved and very rare 2004 Kimberly Kamper Explorer. Kids are grown and the wife won't go anymore. It is in pristine shape, with everything in good working order and all ropes, poles, stakes, velcro and canvas clean and in perfect condition. I did remove most of the decals (not into advertising). Mine is the show model they were touring the country with when they were trying to test the market in the USA, so it has every option and then some. I bought it directly from Kimberly's owner. He wanted to figure out the US market and I helped him equip this one specifically for hunting in CO. Pictures of mine wre used in their marketing for 2005/2006.

I addition to a Webasto catalytic heater, 6 new AGM batteries (210amp hr), it has an 80qt Waeco fridge, fully enclosed awing with roof jack for wood stove, ensuite zip on kids bedroom (rare), ensuite zip on bathroom, and several other special features.

If you don't know what a Kimberly Kamper is, do some research and you will see how tough, special and rare these things are. This is well beyond anything made and sold here as an "Offroad Popup". This thing will truly go offroad and tows down the road like no other. Christo Slee told me he thought there were only about a dozen in the US. This is definitely not for you if you're looking for a cheap used pop-up. I'm asking $14,500. PM me with your contact info, if you are serious and I can send more pics.
View attachment 402503
View attachment 402513
View attachment 402505
View attachment 402506
View attachment 402507
View attachment 402508
View attachment 402510
OK, Still for sale. Lots of interest last year, but I still have it. It was used once last fall for elk hunting. Still in pristine condition. Let me know if you want additional pic's Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles