Sold. CDN M101 Expedition Trailer for Sale, RTT, Aluminum Lid, Line-X

shansen

Observer
Trailer has been sold.

I purchased this trailer in 2010 from fellow expedition portal member. The trailer is a 1992 Canadian M101 1/4 ton military trailer. He bought the trailer from Canada in original condition, had the entire thing sandblasted, added wider fenders to cover the whole wheel (larger wheels), added jerry can holders, and had the entire thing coated in Line-X. The tongue was done in POR-15. LED lights installed in the rear. Procomp Series 97 steel wheels, 5.5 on 6 Toyota on BFG Mud Terrain KM2 265/75/16. This was an awesome start to the trailer.

I had an aluminum lid made, which also has three load bars to hold the Eezi-Awn 1800 series 3 Roof Top Tent. The lid was made locally in Utah by a fabricator, and the tent was purchased new from Equipt1.

Since then, I used it a lot in the first 2-3 few years, but in 2015 I only used it twice, and just once last year. Kids are getting older and hobbies are changing, so I would like to see this get some use.

Selling for $6500 with RTT, or $4800 without RTT. Contents inside trailer not included

Trailer is in great condition

Attachments

• Side2.JPG
    Side2.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,541
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,984
  • Rear.JPG
    Rear.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,236
  • Pintle.JPG
    Pintle.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Lock.JPG
    Lock.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • Jerry.JPG
    Jerry.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 1,325
Last edited:

shansen

Observer
More pics

Attachments

• Lid Storage.JPG
    Lid Storage.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 791
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 748
  • Handle.JPG
    Handle.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 736
  • Inside Empty.JPG
    Inside Empty.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 789
  • Inside Full.JPG
    Inside Full.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 727
  • Corner.JPG
    Corner.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 723
  • Brake.JPG
    Brake.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 688
  • BFG.JPG
    BFG.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_5148.JPG
    IMG_5148.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_5149.JPG
    IMG_5149.JPG
    406 KB · Views: 756

Superjoe

What is the maximum height of a container in the main box?

What are the overall dimensions of the trailer itself? Weight?

How big is the tongue box? Anything installed inside?

Cool trailer, looks like a solid deal.

canorisa

Mr. Joel Rivera
Scott:

Just a question on the lid on your trailer. I don't know if you sold it or not but just wanted to ask, HOW MUCH DOES A LID LIKE THAT COST? I know is custom made but just wanted to get a feel from you on how much would one cost. I have had two companies that would make one for my M416-B1 but one wants $2200 and the other, depending on design, any where between $1300 to $1800. What do you think? I don't want to spend that much on a lid since I have plenty already spent on the trailer. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joel

akyota

Looking at his history, I think this was his last post. Shoot. I would like to know if it sold as well.

shansen

Observer
Not sure what happened to notifications, etc., and I have not been to the site for some time. Still for sale, and responded (very late) to several messages.

Mooch

Scott,
Very nice set up. I am assuming you are located in SLC UT? Also I can see you have done a lot of work to the older trailer, but I was wondering if you had done any work to the axle or hubs?
Thank you

shansen

Observer
Close on location, I'm in Utah County. I did not do the work on the axle / hubs, but the previous owner did swap them out so they would be six lug, that way it would share the same tire size/wheel as a Toyota landcruiser. He also took this down to the frame and coated everything with POR15, sandblasted bed before the Line-X, etc. It was fantastic work.

shansen

Observer
Scott:

Just a question on the lid on your trailer. I don't know if you sold it or not but just wanted to ask, HOW MUCH DOES A LID LIKE THAT COST? I know is custom made but just wanted to get a feel from you on how much would one cost. I have had two companies that would make one for my M416-B1 but one wants $2200 and the other, depending on design, any where between $1300 to $1800. What do you think? I don't want to spend that much on a lid since I have plenty already spent on the trailer. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joel
Those would be in the ballpark. The lid I have would cost around 2k back when I had it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles