FJ62 LS Swap - Lone Star Sleeper - Stoffregen Motorsports

buffy

So, here's an update folks. The Lonestar Sleeper, or as my wife calls him, Earl, is running as her daily driver. She loves it. It does everything real well. She was tired of driving the same mommy-mobile as every other person in town. I'll probably use it for scouting campouts because the hell-i-fied roof rack makes a good tie off point for a hammock tent if I only have one tree handy.

As you can see below, I had the hood and roof resprayed. I took the time to remove the roof rack and to ceramic coat the paint for long term protection. That ceiling mounted winch in the background is super handy for such things.

I fixed the last problem this weekend. The rear washer fluid sprayer had never worked. I found that the reservoir had been empty for probably a decade. After filling the reservoir and confirming no leaks, I confirmed the sprayer pump would move fluid, but nothing came out. Under one of the panels in the rear liftgate, I found a one way valve in the line that was clogged shut. I few minutes cleaning it up solved the problem.

No leaks. No odd behaviors. Just a perfectly lined out vehicle.

1608559796683.png

Bought this pattern of Lloyd mats recently through CARID. I really like the pattern and coverage (obviously a generic photo). I fully recommend:

1608560623445.png

buffy

It's hard to nit-pick such fine work by Matt, but the one thing I never liked about the build was the Bosch style in-tank fuel pump. After 25K miles, it did what they all do...die. The best fueling solution for these LS swaps is an OEM fuel module. The modern jet pumps are good for +100K miles and are quiet. We just need good mounting options. That's where Vaporworx.com comes in. They have a weld-in stainless ring that will accept most of the modern fuel modules. Even with the ugly welds, it's still a great solution. I've used the same Delphi FG0341 fuel module on three different vehicles through measurement luck. Now the fuel module is silent as a mouse and good for another 100K.

fuelmoduleFJ62.jpg

Last edited:

BurntToast

It's hard to nit-pick such fine work by Matt, but the one thing I never liked about the build was the Bosch style in-tank fuel pump. After 25K miles, it did what they all do...die. The best fueling solution for these LS swaps is an OEM fuel module. The modern jet pumps are good for +100K miles and are quiet. We just need good mounting options. That's where Vaporworx.com comes in. They have a weld-in stainless ring that will accept most of the modern fuel modules. Even with the ugly welds, it's still a great solution. I've used the same Delphi FG0341 fuel module on three different vehicles through measurement luck. Now the fuel module is silent as a mouse and good for another 100K.

View attachment 718913
Hate to bring up an old thread, but i am in a similar boat trying to plan the best fuel pump situation for my LS FJ62. Which ring did you buy from vaporworx?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles