2015 4x4 Sprinter mobile coffee shop.

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
https://www.stokedroasters.com/pages/forsale

If food trucks weren't such a pain/shunned in Wyoming I would be trying to buy this. It's pretty much my dream.

Could be made into an expo vehicle fairly easy, it's already well built out.

00e0e_bgfChjTmoPr_600x450_56d30695-d7bf-4944-946d-ffcbb4894a2e_large.jpg

Happykamper

Explorer
That's great!! Throw a full out bed in it and a shower and hit every national park plus the every expo and off-roading event ...it will pay for every trip !!!

southpier

Expedition Leader
I figure people who work in restaurants don't wash their hands after making poopie - and they have access to hot running water. I would Never eat from a food truck.

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
I figure people who work in restaurants don't wash their hands after making poopie - and they have access to hot running water. I would Never eat from a food truck.

As a chef this makes me sad.

That's great!! Throw a full out bed in it and a shower and hit every national park plus the every expo and off-roading event ...it will pay for every trip !!!

Right!

This thing would make a killing parking on the top of Teton Pass in the winter or right outside of the national parks in the summer. But in Wyoming (at least Teton county) the only way to have a food truck is to have it on private property and it's required to have a full commercial kitchen for prep work.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
My gripe about food trucks isn't the cooks washing their hands, it's where the hell do I wash MY hands.

If food trucks were required to provide lavatory facilities for the customers the way brick and mortar businesses are, then I might consider patronizing them.

But they aren't/don't, so really it's just unfair competition. I vote with my dollars and vote no by witholding my dollars from food trucks.

BobbyJones

Observer
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a window for curbside access- everybody has to climb into the van to get served?

If anyone has seen this in action, please shed some light on how this plays out in real world use.

1stDeuce

Explorer
******?
First, why use a 4wd van??
Then, who exactly expects to pay off a $94k coffee stand three cups of coffee at a time? Most of them can't hardly make it work in a $1000 shack... That's certainly going to have to be some expensive coffee, or a REALLY busy truck.

And I'm not sure I'd consider this a food truck... It's hot water with some bean dust in it... Hopefully they're not stirring it with their poopie finger... ??

GR8ADV

Explorer

To continue the hijack...
For what it is worth I love to eat out of food trucks, here in the US, Canada, and off the street in Mexico and Central America. Somehow by the grace of god I am still alive.
Too much awesomeness in life for me for Nevers...

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
******?
First, why use a 4wd van??
Then, who exactly expects to pay off a $94k coffee stand three cups of coffee at a time? Most of them can't hardly make it work in a $1000 shack... That's certainly going to have to be some expensive coffee, or a REALLY busy truck.

And I'm not sure I'd consider this a food truck... It's hot water with some bean dust in it... Hopefully they're not stirring it with their poopie finger... ??

Damn, there have been many a time when I wish this guy was parked beside me. What a great way to meet people too. Could be cool.

EuroJoe

Adventurer
I imagine this would be great for outdoor events, bike races and such, hot coffee would be a god send!!

This guy is doing it - https://www.carabinercoffee.com/

I also have eaten at food trucks, some carts on the streets of thailand (don't add the egg) and survived. Some of the food trucks out here are super high end, I don't know why the chefs wouldn't wash their hands? or why anyone would need a bathroom before they eat, unless you didn't wash your own hand after making poopie! haha

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
or why anyone would need a bathroom before they eat, unless you didn't wash your own hand after making poopie! haha

Because the number one way that viruses spread is from doorknobs (and money). Because I open the hood and check the oil and the battery cables. Because I check the air in the tires. And a dozen other reasons.

You can do what you want - I wash my hands before I eat. And if I'm eating with my fingers, I wash my hands after I eat.

Sometimes...just occasionally...I take a leak while I'm in the head anyway.

Over the years I've eaten 100 times my own weight in ceviche, tacos pescados and tacos langostas off Baja street carts. I've also pissed in a lot of Mexican alleys.

When in Rome.

But what is acceptable in the third world is one thing. I don't live in the third world and don't want to. Food trucks are third world.

nastav

Adventurer
I also think food trucks are dirty and gross.
I used to bang nails and ate off the jobsite Mexican roach coach when I forgot my lunch.....always dirty and gross, just like food trucks.
At least the roach coach was authentic and simple.
The sheeple love food trucks! So urban! So unique! So Hip!

zimm

Expedition Leader
the food trucks here have to pass county health department regulations.

anyone that thinks a restaurant is any more sanitation, has never been the back of one.

on one hand they can be unfair competition, on the other, even the low grade taco meat and fixins, is better for you than a mcd's when youre on the fly. unprocessed chicken parts and salsa serverd by people that wanna work but dont wash their hands, v. pink slime, old lettuce, and ketchup served by people angry they have to work but dont wash their hands.

none are in competition with l'arpege...

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I only eat from food trucks. BBQ, tacos, cupcakes, coffee, wood fired pizza, and the list goes on. I feel bad for the people that have to shop for themselves and prepare their own food. My time is worth more than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz