2017 F-250 Overland/Hunt-Rig build

Glassman 504

I know I am dragging this back up from the dead But did you every get the rogue bumper installed I am ordering one for my truck and was interested in fitment. I also am struggling with the same scenario for the bed rack. I have a motorized bed cover as I do tow a gooseneck from time to time.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I know I am dragging this back up from the dead But did you every get the rogue bumper installed I am ordering one for my truck and was interested in fitment. I also am struggling with the same scenario for the bed rack. I have a motorized bed cover as I do tow a gooseneck from time to time.

No I sold it off before I sprang for the bumper. I honestly regret it and will likely end up back in one within the next 12 months. The Rogue front bumper is still one of my favorites for these trucks though. I would also look at the ICI front bumper as well, it's very similar. In regards to the bed rack, I don't think I would go that route if confronted with this build at this point in time, it no longer fits my needs and desires.

phsycle

Adventurer
@Tex68w Are you talking about getting another F250 or bumper? I'm assuming the F250, since I don't think Rogue makes products for anything other than Ford.

What would make you choose the F250 vs PW? Since I know you had (have?) both.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
@Tex68w Are you talking about getting another F250 or bumper? I'm assuming the F250, since I don't think Rogue makes products for anything other than Ford.

What would make you choose the F250 vs PW? Since I know you had (have?) both.

Another F-250/350.

If they made a diesel PW I'd likely lean that direction, but I don't have to now because the Ford Tremor is pretty much that. I like/love things about both the RAM and Ford but when you get down to the nitty gritty of it, the Ford is just a better built truck. The quality is better, the materials used are of a higher quality and I've always seen better resale out of a F-250/350 than that of a equivalent RAM 2500/3500. The biggest plus in my eyes is that the Ford has a roomier cab, there's more head room and the way that the windshield and dash sit in relation to the driver gives the feeling of a better FOV.

The RAM rides better and I prefer the tech in their current 5th Gen trucks over the aging Sync in the Ford. Prices are better with the RAM but that's slowly converging as well as these 5th Gen RAM's really jumped in price.

I need a truck going forward that's focus and main purpose is more to work than to play, but I'll obviously build it to be able to do both. If I were to build a truck with the sole purpose of traveling off-road to hunt and play then the PW would more than likely be my preference. At the end of the day I'd be happy to own either again in the future, but odds are there will be another Ford in the driveway before another RAM. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up eating those words in the future as it has happened in the past lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne