2017 F-250 Overland/Hunt-Rig build

pwm

subbed to the thread, and I'll be creating my own shortly. Just picked up a 2018 F250 and have been working on my parts list with my local overloading outfitter.

Hoping to start ordering parts by the end of this week starting with an ARE CXHD topper that can be the base for a Large Maggionlina Airlander Plus. Once I have more of my modular parts picked out I'm going to have an ExtendoBed Hunter series customized for my use.

Cool to see people outfitting the platform I'm new to. Good luck with your project.

pwm

Was that a misprint, or do finally have an honest person on here?

I don't follow... Am I supposed to pretend that I'm doing everything myself and am already an expert despite my DECIDED n00b status?

*grabs welder, burns down house*

Last edited:

watrboy

Observer
I don't follow... Am I supposed to pretend that I'm doing everything myself and am already an expert despite my DECIDED n00b status?

Isn't that why we live in Montana? Code of the west and all that.:pROFSheriffHL:

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader

It was a playful jab at what was most likely an autocorrect of the word overlanding to overloading. Overlanding being synonymous with bolting tons of stuff (overloading) to a vehicle and going on a road trip. I didn’t read it as him being critical of you.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Tex68w,

To get this thread back on track...

Have you slowed down on the plans for this truck now that you have the PW? Do you have other uses for the Ford or has it become a commuter vehicle of sorts? I know they do things big in Texas, but I’d kinda go bonkers with two huge rigs that I could spend my money on...

Brad

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Tex68w,

To get this thread back on track...

Have you slowed down on the plans for this truck now that you have the PW? Do you have other uses for the Ford or has it become a commuter vehicle of sorts? I know they do things big in Texas, but I'd kinda go bonkers with two huge rigs that I could spend my money on...

Brad

It's funny that you ask, we actually just talked about this a few nights ago. At the moment we plan to use the Ford in more of a towing capacity and for our "nicer" vehicle duties. I'll likely put the rack on the Powerwagon instead of the Ford now and the Ford will get a bed cover of some sort for storage and security when we travel. I still plan to finish out the front bumper, winch/lights, and the rear bags will be going on as soon as I can find time to get it to the shop and have them installed. The PW is getting coils, 37's, wheels, front bumper, rack, exhaust, sliders, lights, etc. etc. etc. as it will now become our "roustabout', dog mobile, and overland platform that will be purpose built for these needs 24/7.

We are both currently in grad school and working on advanced licensing in our respective fields so time and money are fleeting at the moment haha, but I am doing my best to stay focused on finishing these builds as time and funds permit. I am currently planning a Baja trip with a few buddies here in early May so I hope to have the major mods finished before we leave for that trip. I plan to make some updates to both build threads here in the coming weeks as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles