ISUZU 6HL1 LOSS POWER.

judaxs

Good Day

I'm trying to repair a Isuzu 6HL1.
first problem was hard starting and wont start at all. unless we put gasoline in intake.

I let the injector repair. and the calibration shop said injector has a broken part.
so we replaced that part.

then after we let the injector repaired. engine now starts.

but no power RPM only at 2500:Wow1: :oops:. i think it's limp home mode. but no Check engine light on.

And i have a question. where can i find OBD for Isuzu 6HL1 dump truck.

Thank youu!

dlh62c

Explorer
Good Day

I'm trying to repair a Isuzu 6HL1.
first problem was hard starting and wont start at all. unless we put gasoline in intake.

I let the injector repair. and the calibration shop said injector has a broken part.
so we replaced that part.

then after we let the injector repaired. engine now starts.

but no power RPM only at 2500:Wow1: :oops:. i think it's limp home mode. but no Check engine light on.

And i have a question. where can i find OBD for Isuzu 6HL1 dump truck.

Thank youu!

Could be a bad day if your putting gasoline into the air intake.

Isn't this a diesel engine?

judaxs

It's been almost 60 days since your original post.

Have you fixed it?

i told the owner to go to other shop to scan his truck. since we don't have a scan tool for heavy/medium trucks..
after few weeks they called us back. they did not solve it. HAHAH!

unkamonkey

Explorer
Yep, you need to find the right shop. My neighbor has driven across many states and his Powerstrokes would crap out. Many Ford dealers involved. Sometimes it was just turning them off and restarting. He had them into the Ford dealer many times for over 4 days on occasion. It worked for a few days. Failure. He found a shop around 5 blocks from his house that called him back in around 20 minutes. Fixed. Not a problem with it for several years.
We don't speak of his EGR leaking into the block. He cooked that diesel motor quite well but it was under warranty so he got a new motor. He did the EGR delete on a couple of them. Ford knows it is a problem but they won't pay for it. Legal junk I suppose.
I'm so happy I don't have all of the UREA, EGR crap on my old FG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier