1987 K5 Blazer with pop up camper DENVER

TheSweatyButcher

Adventurer
*not mine*

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/6156676944.html

This thing is perfect...it is a 1987 k5...it does come with the slide in camper...the original topper and tailgate are sold years ago. Clean clean clean...throttle body fuel ejected. Wench..new tires. No leaks. No rust...no issues at all. Everything works as it should
00909_evTZGZRkwm4_1200x900.jpg

Call with questions

This is a land line please calls only

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Guess what followed me home to Prescott! This thing looks like it has spent its life in a barn. Not 100% perfect but darn clean. Spent the last couple of days cleaning it out and up.

The camper is a K5 Hallmark floor plan. Neat thing is it came with the build sheet and receipts from Mr. Ward himself ( Founder of Hallmark) It also came with all the service records for every major repair or minor repair.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
The Wench :sombrero:is some weird old school Cyclone winch. It mounts under the bumper and winds vertical not horizontal ( make sense?)

Sounds to me like it may be a Vic Hickey "Sidewinder" Winch, they were sold in the 70s and early 80s. Vic Hickey was a GM designer/engineer who left GM and went out on his own to develop and sell off road products, primarily for GM 4x4s. Hickey modified vehicles were pretty cool back in the day and featured on a lot of magazine covers.

If it is indeed a Hickey Sidewinder Winch, you have struck gold in terms of rarity, I doubt there are many of those left.

Last edited:

OmegaMan73

Observer
I have been eye balling one of thise for my k5 but i wonder how much it would affect the top heavy feeling? Do you feel like it's stable and can handle some decent off road use? I live in Mesa so maybe we can meet up some day?

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
Sounds to me like it may be a Vic Hickey "Sidewinder" Winch, they were sold in the 70s and early 80s. Vic Hickey was a GM designer/engineer who left GM and went out on his own to develop and sell off road products, primarily for GM 4x4s. Hickey modified vehicles were pretty cool back in the day and featured on a lot of magazine covers.

If it is indeed a Hickey Sidewinder Winch, you have struck gold in terms of rarity, I doubt there are many of those left.

This K5 came with a book of receipts and manual's... It is indeed a Hickey Sidewinder Winch.. I need to test it and see if it still work :) I would assume so considering everything else does.

Another cool find is an old PERFECT condition Griswold cast iron skillet from the 1930's It looks like new.

A HUGE puffy down jacket from some small no longer around clothing manufacturer from the 70s I think. All other kinds of fun stuff. Its like buying an old house and tearing down the walls only to find Americana history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles