Another Special Offer From Midland for Expedition Portal Members

Matt.H

Adventurer
Anyone care to update if they have used the NMO magnetic mount and coax?

How do you think it compares to the stock antenna?

If you purchased the 115 what would be the best handhelds for compatibility?

I have OLD handheld Motorolas that don't have the privacy and scanning capabilities and have thought about a package deal.

Thanks.

Matt

ETA: though I am late to the game thanks to MidlandUSA. Nice to see you on here.

Last edited:

MidlandUSA

Supporting Sponsor

I have OLD handheld Motorolas that don't have the privacy and scanning capabilities and have thought about a package deal.

Thanks.

Matt

ETA: though I am late to the game thanks to MidlandUSA. Nice to see you on here.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the welcome! You will see some improvement with the optional antennas for the MXT115 over stock. For the best possible range in handhelds I would recommend the GXT1000VP4 or GXT1050VP4, those are the most powerful handhelds we make (5 Watts is also the most power allowed in a Handheld by law). We have several guides using those for their groups if they do not already have one of the MicroMobiles setup in their vehicle.

Sand1235

Thanks.

Matt

My brother and I bought the 6db antenna. And then have a few buddies with the stock antennas. Impressed with both so far.

A buddy and I were talking across our smaller town about 5 miles as the crow flies, a 27" NMO fixed antenna and a stock antenna. My buddy said he could hear me crystal clear, and I could hear him very well, but a little static.

My brother and I with 27" NMO fixed antennas each could talk about 9 miles as the crow flies across lots of fields with trees, houses, and power lines. Still could hear each other, but a fair amount of static.

Hope it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles