Having trouble getting proper insurance for my expedition vehicle. Who do you use?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Vehicles that appreciate or gain value via added gear should be insured based on a set replacement value not a typical auto insurance. We have always used state farm but we also have sizable leverage having multiple properties and multiple family members via the same agent. As a result they will nearly write any sort of coverage we want. My sailboat appreciated in value as such we had coverage based on a set amount. Which I had upped twice over the 9yrs I had the boat. It sold for exactly what it was insured for. Keep in mind this coverage is not bare bones cheap auto insurance. It costs more! But your loss is minimal if a LuluLemon wearing soccer mom plows into you in her Escalade.

Our truck (Oshkosh HEMTT conversion) is with Progressive. We didn't have any issue with it. I have quite a bit of other equipment with them though so that might have helped.

Questor

Huge member
AAA out of Idaho was happy to take my money...
The only requirement was that I did not live in it full time.
Q~

Questor

Huge member
AAA out of Idaho was happy to take my money...
The only requirement was that I did not live in it full time.
Q~

Tayski

I just got the cancellation letter from Progressive. I tried Hagerty, they said no. It has been a tiresome task to find a company. I will let you know how things go with state farm.

Tayski

Check out
Insurance Brokers Group
1555 Kisker
St Charles, MO 63304
314-569-1010
ask for Chad!
I called them and there wasn't anyone named Chad that worked there any longer! Are you still using them for an insurance provider?

Joe917

Explorer
In North America we use Aviva ,ROW local insurance, liability only available. (9400 kg MB917)

Felipe

Observer
Hi all,

I have a 2005 U500 with a custom camper built on the back. it is registered as a motor home. Most insurance carriers are not interested. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,
Im about to start my trip from La Paz (Baja) to the Northwest Territories in Canada. What would be a reasonable amount to have on the liability for my insurance policy to travel in the USA and Canada ? How much guys with big rigs usually get liability insurance for ?
My rig is big.
Regards
Felipe

dpsmedic

Adventurer
Hello,
Im about to start my trip from La Paz (Baja) to the Northwest Territories in Canada. What would be a reasonable amount to have on the liability for my insurance policy to travel in the USA and Canada ? How much guys with big rigs usually get liability insurance for ?
My rig is big.
Regards
Felipe

View attachment 517714
No idea, but that is a cool rig...any more photos? Interior shot? Link to a description?

Felipe

Observer
If you are going for $1m umbrella get the quote for $2m. It was only a couple hundred extra for me and worth the peace of mind.
Thanks a lot for the info.
Any recommendations on a company to get if from ?
I only need liability, the rest I have covered

Regards
Felipe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles