thought this was worth sharing

Not much recent activity on homepage plus to see more than just their basic activities they want money. I have a problem with so called "CLUBS" that want money and have no real expenses than the website. Clubs should have a charter and club elected officers.

ripperj

Explorer
So why reply( or even read) to a post about communication on a forum that focuses on travel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
If someone wanted to practice ham radio and use their 4wd there are off road races, rallies, marathons and many other events that ham clubs help with and would enjoy having folks like us join .
Often I have worked the Prescott rally and get to watch the race, call the cars and camp in my burb....good times.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
i thought it was a good way practice skills and techniques used in sar and just locate locations containing resources a group might need in times of bad weather or time sensitive recon of different campsite or geocache styled poker runs. developing navigation skills with gps and or paper maps/compass or setting up radio communications or mesh nodes for special events.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I do appreciate the complete overuse of drone footage but I just didn't see enough people wearing shemagh's or any vehicle wraps. How can they call themselves a team? I just don't think I'm operationally operator enough for their land op's or the advanced operator/level 2/super squirrel forum package so I have to pass.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
i thought it was a good way practice skills and techniques used in sar and just locate locations containing resources a group might need in times of bad weather or time sensitive recon of different campsite or geocache styled poker runs. developing navigation skills with gps and or paper maps/compass or setting up radio communications or mesh nodes for special events.
I took part in an ARES exercise recently where the scenario was a complete dispatch coms failure in the county. They set me up as the dispatcher in the EOC, used a runner from the 911 call center, and I dispatched to our repeater and then via mountain-top relays to our two most remote fire stations. We employed 4x4s to get our portable stations to high elevations.
It was pretty cool and practical.

I'd like to work the radios more at our outdoor events though, Tony. Maybe at the next CFW? Do you have your ticket?

We use ham radios for SAR in our county. I run with the K9 unit and train with the SAR team at every opportunity. Most of the SARs have their tickets but not all. They own a commercial repeater locally.

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing, I love to see what others are doing with their club. If some day I am in dire straights I would appreciate a group that has made it their mission to be prepared for many different scenarios, hoping they can make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94