LR3 aftermarket Snorkel Removal???

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Has anyone ever pulled off a Snorkel from an LR3? I know it would leave holes, but other than that can you just clip a side vent back on and look more or less stock plus some holes??? If all things go to Plan I am Picking up an HSE HD tomorrow and would not mind not having the snorkel on for Daily Driving. And yes I know its not real with out Pictures so I will get to those when the truck is in hand...

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Has anyone ever pulled off a Snorkel from an LR3? I know it would leave holes, but other than that can you just clip a side vent back on and look more or less stock plus some holes??? If all things go to Plan I am Picking up an HSE HD tomorrow and would not mind not having the snorkel on for Daily Driving. And yes I know its not real with out Pictures so I will get to those when the truck is in hand...

Its possible just a pain getting to the nuts from the inside of the wheel well liner... Yes the old vent just pops in and you have some holes around it, blank them off with rubber and call it a day. A pillar will still have a bracket sticking out but not terrible.

perkj

Explorer
here is what I did:

Up close of the nutserts needed for the Raise Air Intake:
39212734008_large.jpg

Up close of plugs:
39212734005_large.jpg

Another up close:
39212734006_large.jpg

From further back:
39212734007_large.jpg

Now with the Raised Air Intake:
39212734009_large.jpg

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
IMG_6521.JPG[SUP][/SUP]
If the truck had a genuine LR snorkel I would kee it on but it has a ARB snorkel and it doesn't look as streamlined.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have the ARB and it leaves a lot more holes. I think depending on the one installed and the unsightly mess left it might be better to just leave it on. DD or not.
Of course it is your call but with all the holes left it might be better not removed.
Never did think of the LR as streamlined and the snorkel sure does not add any thought of streamlined.
Once I added the RR and the tire carrier streamlined went out and away.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
It's not been abot streamline. I just don't like how it looks and it came on the truck. I have a trade worked out. Just need the time. I'm selling the truck soon, but I don't think having the snorkel or not will matter. Just not the truck for me in the end.

perkj

Explorer
I I'm selling the truck soon, but I don't think having the snorkel or not will matter. Just not the truck for me in the end.

I suggest leaving it on if you're going to sell it. Taking it off and having random holes in the body panel (plugged or not) will turn some folks away.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Yes I am. I am a school teach, with a 5 year old son, though so time for work has been short.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke