Ambulance recovery. Bought without any details and then road trip across the country.

rlrenz

Explorer
You might consider becoming an ambulance dealer. Medium ambulances seem to be an east coast phenomenon, so the market out west is probably wide open....

patoz

Expedition Leader
Fairly tidy and a lot more open space. Big bonus for them was the ability to turn one cupboard into a bathroom. Plus the M2 cab is a whole lot nicer than the FL cab.

I wish I had a compartment I could do that with, but I guess I'll have to move up to a Medium duty rig to get that.

rlrenz

Explorer
That would definitely be one to look at, but with a gross weight of 28,000+, you'd need a CDL until it could be registered as an RV. It might also need re-gearing to be a freeway long-haul vehicle.

But it definitely would be a fun rig to own and drive!

hobietony

Explorer
Glad to be part of the tradition, I owe you a 6-er, and probably a big hug after your great advice on confirming the source of my oil leak.

I think you need to find donor vehicles closer to home so you dont fall in love with them on the way back across country. Also putting an infrared temp reader in the van ool kit, great idea.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Glad to be part of the tradition, I owe you a 6-er, and probably a big hug after your great advice on confirming the source of my oil leak.

I think you need to find donor vehicles closer to home so you dont fall in love with them on the way back across country. Also putting an infrared temp reader in the van ool kit, great idea.

Make sure you get a better one than mine. It always has a flat battery from the trigger pressing on something. If you search Amazon for a compact version with a recessed button you will be better off.

Also in case anyone is wondering the advice I gave Tony was to get a fluorescent dyecheck test for the oil leak and not to trust your own eyes (or the experts). A few bucks worth of pinpoint diagnostics can save a lot of time/money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles