Wet underfloor heating system

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Hey guys,

has anyone successfully installed a wet system based around a diesel water furnace system (eberspacher etc)? Any details much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

chasespeed

Explorer
Can't say I know of any installed.....

However. With a heated floor, you'll want heavy insulation underneath, then 3/4" ply for the floor, with channels for the PEX piping. You'll need mixing valves, and a pump, and 110f water. VERY slow to heat a space... but, very comfortable.

Baseboard, needs 160-200f water, and a pump. Faster to heat.

I don't know what you're working with. But, personally, I'd see about a small forced air, heater.
In fact, you could also look sat something like a LP direct vent, pilot unit, that doesn't even have a fan. Works similar to baseboard heat, in that it will convert naturally. But, no power required, and won't freeze.

Just some thoughts.

Chase

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply. WE also have a d2 airtonic heater, and the wet system will have 2 x 2kw helios fan heaters on it. The under floor element is for comfort under foot, not really for heating the whole space

fluffyprinceton

Adventurer
Lots of info here & on other EXP threads.

Radiant floor heat is wonderful...without it in freezing conditions your floor is going to be COLD no matter how much you insulate it & blow hot air around above it...It's expensive & requires the ability to design it your self (or pay somebody to do it) because it's just not a standard item. Totally worth it for me...but I'm a photographer & have to spend lots of time in the camper waiting for just the right light... Moe

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/166180-Baseboard-heat-or-other-radiant-heat-with-no-fan-using-espar-for-heat-source

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier