Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Grand Expedition Colorado to Alaska to Baja...

Brandon are you planning of posting pictures of the fire?
    Jerry KD0ZDX
    2008 Land Rover LR3 2013 Ducati HyperStrada

Quote Originally Posted by SDDiver5 View Post
    Post pics please
    Quote Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
    Brandon are you planning of posting pictures of the fire?
    Yeah I've been pretty busy dealing with it so far, might actually get to bed early tonight.

As I've discovered along the way, this forum makes it hard to easily post pictures without getting out the laptop... Which rarely happens, and is why I wasn't able to update as regularly along the way.

Anyways, I decided to take the scenic route to home Depot a week ago, ended up getting stuck in snow. Only thing I had to dig with was a hiking pole, got quite a bit done in over 3 hours of digging but my inexpensive seat heaters that I had were on a different plan. I saw smoke, tried to throw snow on it without any luck.

Finally was able to get the truck down on Sunday with the help of a bunch of friends and the tow truck came today to pick it up.

Moral of the story I got was i should've continued my trip instead of being responsible and coming back to get work lined up!

There's nothing left of the truck... And my plans for another off-road rig have been suspended since I'm not really feeling it right now after going through this. Which is also why I've yet to do anything else as far as updates since it still doesn't seem real.

I'll try to add a picture with my phone but if it doesn't work, i was tagged in pictures on Instagram of the recovery.

I was stuck at over 11k, thankfully weather cooperated and we were able to get it. The trail was not very snowy for the most part but was and is very drifty as I now know.

The night I got stuck I thankfully was able to grab a jacket from the front seat and a backpack that had basic necessities in it which i always have. My jacket was frozen by the time I hiked down after finding a small spot of cell service and calling a ride and calling 911 and telling them of the situation and that I was ok.

I am very sorry for your loss and what are you going through...Glad you are ok. Plenty of other great trucks out there...You will find one. All the best!

Oh man, I was really enjoying your post... So sorry about your truck!

Been busy trying to get work stuff lined up and not having a vehicle hasn't helped. It's like everything is on hold because of this so I'm looking forward to be done with it.

Still waiting on Allstate.. it's "finished" but they are taking their sweet time to actually finish it up and talk to me. Communication doesn't seem to be a strong part of their skill set which isn't helping at all.

One day I'll get through the rest of the pictures I haven't looked through.

Still in the process of Allstate trying to screw me over. On multiple occasions, they answered me incorrectly on what my policy covered, and only now am I realizing it.

But I needed a vehicle for work, so I picked this up. It'll stay mostly stock other than mods for work.

1215171610a.jpg
    Last edited by aero; 12-16-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314