Building a Light Weight Low Profile Roof Rack

They do offer nuts that can be installed and removed at anytime. They insert by rolling into the slot. Then all that is needed are long set screws to hold them in place and also act like pre-loaded bolts. Look for the nuts that appear to have a pin sticking up. That is a flexible rubber stem to help in positioning and removal.

Yes that's correct these bars use series 10 tnuts and I have some coming but the shop I was working with did not carry the SS ones and had to order them in for me.

The rack turned out really good.
Thank you, I am very happy with it so far, and today I was able to put it to good use:
5f00fc9cd81496d8c6615c40f6a43075.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

So with the success of this roof rack build I decided that I am going to make a rack for over the bed of the truck now as the new place to mount the RTT.

I expect when it's done I will be half the weight of the current steel cage setup.

7 more 80/20 bars have been ordered, new side rails have been designed and have been sent off to the water jet shop to be cut out, a big bag of stainless steel bolts and washers arrived yesterday.

I will post up more pictures in about 2 weeks time when it all comes in and is ready to be assembled!

rayra

Expedition Leader
How's the hood glare from the light? Any plan for a glare shield on its bottom edge?

what's the ballpark price on that sort of water jet work?

My hood is matte black so I don't have any issue with running the lights at night.

I have a really good hook up so I basically just pay for the material and they fit me in when they have a lull in work so I just wait a week or two any time I send them stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online