SOLD: iPad Mini 3G w/ GPS

Airmapper

Inactive Member
SOLD!

I've switched to an Android device so I no longer use this for navigation. It's not ideal for long term travel due to it only being 16GB, but I found it more than adequate for weekend exploring and a few longer trips. Would be a good entry level tablet for nav if you want it for that, and is what I used it for.

$150 + shipping. PayPal accepted.

1st gen iPad Mini (Model # A1454) Web page with more specs: Link
16GB
White face
3G capable w/ GPS (Note: GPS works without a cell data plan.)
I don't know if it's locked to a network or not, but I had no issues getting a SIM card and setting it up on AT&T.

You will receive it reset to default with the SIM card removed.

Accessories included:
RAM EZ-ROLL'R exact fitting cradle. (Without a ball, it has a place on the back for your mounting connector of choice.)
A rubbery sleeve (Says ifrogz on it, it came with it when I got it.)
The original AC wall adapter and lightening USB cord.

Contact me by PM, and if you prefer feel free to ask for my phone number if you want to talk or text.

Photos should be attached, thanks for looking.

View attachment 403550View attachment 403551View attachment 403552

Last edited:

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Still up for grabs!

I forgot to mention the battery is in good shape as well, it holds a charge and does not drain at an excessive rate. I don't know how it would compare to brand new, but it's not going to die in an hour of you unplug it or anything. Using it for nav pulls on the battery hard so I'd plan on plugging it in if used for that, but heck that will drain my new tablet down in a few hours.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Does it have any nav software downloaded in it...thinking about this style setup as a backup for Europe...what mapping system were you using for remote areas..?? I would only be using this for gps or on a wifi network, so would I need a sim in it....?? All this newfangled comfusor stuff is gobblygook to me..:)

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Does it have any nav software downloaded in it...thinking about this style setup as a backup for Europe...what mapping system were you using for remote areas..?? I would only be using this for gps or on a wifi network, so would I need a sim in it....?? All this newfangled comfusor stuff is gobblygook to me..:)

I'm selling the device wiped to default for a new user, so it has no applications on it and upon powering up it will take you through setup as if it had never been used before.

Apple products are very personalized in nature and require an account with Apple to use fully, it's new owner will have to set up their own account, obtain their own applications, enter their own email accounts, so on and so forth. This will be the case for any Apple tablet.

You would be better served asking questions in either of these forums as appropriate, that way you get more varied answers instead of just mine. For example I would have no idea what applications are best used for European mapping.

GPS and Computers (Hardware)
Mapping, Navigation, GIS (Software)

I believe GPS works just fine without a SIM card inserted. I always had a SIM card in it so I never used it like that. I can't be 100% positive but I do not see any reason other functions would be impeded by having no SIM card other than access to cell network info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz