Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 price check

haven

Expedition Leader
I took a look at prices for Colorado ZR2 models on cars.com. Out of 90 listings for new diesel ZR2s, 15 were advertised below list price. Discounts ranged from $2000 to $7000 off.

Looking for Ford Raptors, I didn't see any advertised for list price (about 59k). Lots above $80k, however.

589FAB

Observer
For the ZR2's, the price listed below the MSRP is the Employee price. I don't think there are any other incentives on them, unless you trade in a competitive lease. If I found a ZR2 for more than MSRP i'd move on to the next dealer.

Stryder106

Explorer
Just looked at a brand new ZR2 yesterday at a Chevy dealer - MSRP $44K + $20K Dealer markup!!!!! That was for the V6 - add another $3K for the diesel. I told the salesman that they are idiots - GM finally makes a midsize capable of knocking the Tacoma off it's pedestal and the dealers are going to screw it up by tacking on a 50% markup.
//
For giggles - I went three doors down to the Toyota dealer and looked at a shiney new 4x4 Tacoma TRD Offroad with all the bells and whistles for $41K - no dealer markup. Chevy dealers are idiots.

smlobx

Wanderer
I think the pricing is due it being a new vehicle in a segment that has been crying out for improvement.

Give it 6 months and things will calm down....

Littlehouse

Adventurer
I have seen a ton of new raptors on the road here in So Cal, but zero ZR2s. I doubt the mark up will fly for very long. This truck seems amazing, but is getting very little coverage.....

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Dealers are 3rd party sales business. They'll sell them for what buyers will pay. Any car being purchased at or above MSRP are being purchased by people who really don't care what they are paying. Dealers who refuse below msrp or tack on Dealer BS over MSRP are simply seeing if they can get really crazy consumers to pay stupid $$$$.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Congrats!

You should start your own thread now :D

Did you get a gas or diesel?

What I have noticed is that the gas ZR2 are somewhat in MSRRP range. The diesel is one that gets overpriced.
I saw one here in for Michigan 50K. Too much

phobostx

I got the diesel. Most of the dealers I talked to in Texas were at/below MSRP. I've been getting a pretty consistent 24.5-25mpg highway, and that's doing 85mph

Dalko43

Explorer
I got the diesel. Most of the dealers I talked to in Texas were at/below MSRP. I've been getting a pretty consistent 24.5-25mpg highway, and that's doing 85mph

That's pretty good, all things considered. I'd imagine if you drove it like a granny and kept it below 70mph, you'd get even better mpg's.

Heck, I try to get good mpg's with my 4runner by keeping my speed under 70mph and I'm lucky if I can break 20 mpg's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94