Rear awning versus 270 deg awning

ttengineer

Adventurer
I want coverage over my tail gate when I'm cooking but the 270 awnings do not come square off the back and leave some tailgate exposed.

Is there a 270 awning that comes square off the back or a rear awning that covers more area with "wings"

I know the Alu cab awning is square off the back but it will not cover the whole tail gate since my truck is full size.

I also found this online but I don't have experience with them.

f15129790ab4c23545a0dd40426eebdc.jpg

https://www.suparvaustralia.com.au/Rear_Wing_p/rwa375.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
I disagree. That thing moves the awning away from the vehicle which is not the goal. Especially in fowl weather.

ttengineer

Adventurer
It can be set "flat" to the roof rack on either side of the pivot point, with no gap between the vehicle and the awning.

Oh I see now.

I guess you could run a larger awning that travels on the side of the rig and switch it to the back when cooking.

Either way it would not work since I don't have a frontrunner nor do I have a rack that would fit that bracket or mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozer Dan

Observer
It's actually pretty difficult to beat a beach umbrella when it comes to covering the back door.
Mightn't be very overland' but it's cheap and incredibly effective. It provides a better footprint than any other solution.
82882702-4820-48E3-8F84-6BEDD555C301_zps1tv1qc2n.jpg

Shadow503

It's actually pretty difficult to beat a beach umbrella when it comes to covering the back door.
Mightn't be very overland' but it's cheap and incredibly effective. It provides a better footprint than any other solution.

I love it!

ttengineer

Adventurer
Is Alu-cab the only 270deg awning that comes square off the back?

Does anyone make a side and rear awning that can be connected with a "bridge" piece?

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
Oh wow. That could work. It's not on the US site though. I'll email them and see if they can bring it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harbinger808

Adventurer
My ZA buddy told me that they were making this last year when I decided on the ShadowAwning. The Bundatec definitely has more useable space but I didn't like that I had to setup more that 1 pole if needed. Less is more since I have to little ones running around.

Stryder106

Explorer
Check out the Rhino-Rack Dome awning. It goes on the back and is only 51"W, but then extends out to 94"x98". I have one on order.

fire_strom

Adventurer
I've been in contact with BunduTec USA as I am deciding between their 270 (BunduEl) and the All-Cab Shadow, sounds like there will be a container arriving later in the summer with the above awnings and the one I'd want if I go Bundutec. They are quick to reply if emailed.
-G

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida

That's so not overland that it might actually be overland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles