"Sasquatch" The Driveway Built Camping Trailer

Jmanscotch

is wandering
I think I'm in love

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks brother. Where are you in Texas? Hopefully not the southeast! From that neck of the woods, we'll northeast really, but family down there dealing with that crap. Hope all is well with ya and family.

L3TT3RS

@pooping_outside
I'm in Longview. We are well! It's a disaster a couple hours south of me. Thanks for the kind thoughts!

Jmanscotch

is wandering
I'm in Longview. We are well! It's a disaster a couple hours south of me. Thanks for the kind thoughts!

Ahh Longview...well then you'll know exactly where I'm from when I say I was born in Tyler and grew up in Big Sandy and went to college in Kilgore. Small world. I'll be there in November for thanksgiving and am planning to bring the trailer for a little extra space.

L3TT3RS

@pooping_outside
Ahh Longview...well then you'll know exactly where I'm from when I say I was born in Tyler and grew up in Big Sandy and went to college in Kilgore. Small world. I'll be there in November for thanksgiving and am planning to bring the trailer for a little extra space.
Small world. I went to Kilgore as well! I'd love to see the trailer! Please holler at me when you come in!

Jmanscotch

is wandering
IMG_3901.jpg

Got the bottom side and bars sprayed with bed liner. Everything you see that's silver is going to be painted white tomorrow.

Small world. I went to Kilgore as well! I'd love to see the trailer! Please holler at me when you come in!

For sure man

Jmanscotch

is wandering
Sneak peak of the nearly done trailer. Several little items to finish up them we'll be there!

Last edited:

Jmanscotch

is wandering
Nice man!

Thanks Marty!

Gotta finish tidying up the wiring, finish the tailgate cables and latches then swap the leaf springs to the new ones and install the lids gas struts and it'll be ready for a trip this weekend to give it a quick shakedown.

Jmanscotch

is wandering
Weighed the trailer today, all basic accessories (spare, fuel can but no fuel, no propane tank, etc) and here are the results! Or do you wanna guess? Meh, well the scale at my work rounds to the nearest 20 lbs. Total weight is about what I expected with the fat...err "over engineered" design the trailer took on. The results are in and can't lie.

Trailer: 1,040 lbs
Tongue weight : 80 lbs
Tent: 120 lbs
Me: 200 lbs
Truck: 4,420 lbs

The tongue weight should go up slightly when the fuel and propane (and maybe even a tongue mounted Hi-Lift Jack) are added. This should put me dead on for the 10-15% tongue weight.

Thoughts on the results? I seem to recall plenty of peoples similar 4x6 trailers weighting around the 1,000 lb mark....so I'm about ball park right....right?

EDIT: for those whom are curious, 1,000 lbs does indeed seem on par, if not a touch light, for a 4x6 trailer dressed with 32s (and spare) with a lid and rack. Based of this appropriately name thread: http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/12779-How-heavy-is-your-Adventure-Trailer

Last edited:

Jmanscotch

is wandering
Nice work

Appreciate it Jess.

I really enjoyed reading through your 1st gen build. It both made me consider building a teardrop style trailer while at the same time reminding me I don't have the time or patience for that in depth of a build right now, inspiring build regardless!

Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94