2007 Jeep Wrangler w/ AT Habitat

Healeyjet

Explorer
Updated Price

This 2007 Jeep camper started out as a normal 2007 Jeep Wrangeler Unlimited Rubicon. We then installed an American Expedition Vehicles 2.5" Lift w/ AEV Savagre wheels and 35" BFG tires. The Jeep was then taken to AT Overland in Prescott AZ where the Jeep Habitat camper was installed in replacement of the factory hardtop. As well at that time the Partner Steel propane stove, National Luna Weekender 45 Stainless steel Fridge / Freezer and AT Overland Stage 1 storage system were installed. Also included is a rear gate folding table with sliding cutting board. The installed camper deploys in less than 5 minutes and closing it down takes about the same. The camper will sleep 4 people. Entry into the camper is through the rear seat area much like a beaver enters the lodge. Similar in function to a VW Westfalia A TeraFlex big brake kit was also installed. The Jeep is equipped with two batteries and an ISB battery isolator. The rear of the Jeep has an AEV bumper complete with integrated water tanks and pump. Also included is an awning that zips onto either side of the tent for versatility. This Jeep camper will get you anywhere you need or want to go and be able to sleep in comfort off the ground when you get there. Please either text me or phone at 1-306-222-0129 to inquire about this vehicle. It is #17 of 25 Jeep Habitat tent hardtops that Adventure Trailers built and is the only one in Canada. All equipment functions as designed.
Mileage on the jeep is 107,000 miles.
Scroll down for videos of the Jeep and PM me or text me if I can send photos. Photobucket links are no longer active.

The Jeep is located in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada.

Pending Sale

Last edited:

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Smoking price. You can barely pick up a 2007 Rubi alone, bone stock for less than $17k with that kind of mileage. Wish I could. GLWS

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks. I thought so too. It is less than what I have in it and it has been very good to us and now it is time for someone else to take over and enjoy it. The strength of the US to Canadian dollar is what makes the price so good!
Ward

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I am looking hard into this so I wanted to share the info I have found so far in case anyone else wants this killer deal.....oh and I won't be offended if you move faster than me so no hard feelings.
I called both FCA Canada & FCA USA and neither will give a compliance letter to the original owner unless they can show they are moving to the USA. They also won't give one to the buyer. If they did (which Toyota, Honda and many other companies WILL do) then you could just roll up to the border with that letter and a Customs form and be done.
I called EPA and they said no problem since it has the original sticker.
I called Customs and they said NO WAY you are getting across the Border without the Compliance letter as a private person.

As this is a US made vehicle there is NO DUTY to be paid at the border!!! That is a nice 2.5% savings. You will of course still have your state tax and reg when you get home.

So that leaves having to go through a Registered Importer. It is super easy for a RI as they are taking the risk with the EPA and Customs but there is a cost for that and it kills the easy Fly & Drive home plan I had.

And thus I have calls in for quotes from a couple of Registered Importers and will report back what I find. Depending on the cost added for the RI and if they require shipping to them (often the case) or if I can still do some sort of Fly & Drive (shipped to an agent after crossing the border) then the deal might still be sweet enough to temp me.

I hope this helps anyone else. And of course if you ever interact with anyone from FCA let them know it is a pain in the butt that they won't just issue a compliance letter based on VIN like so many other auto makers will.

Healeyjet

Explorer
I would also be willing to separate the camper and interior from the Jeep. Drive up here on a holiday, we will switch the Habitat over to your Jeep and you can leave me your hardtop. After that you can drive home our tour over to the Rockies for a little vacation!

Ward

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Why aren't your pictures loading? IMG_0565.jpg

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks TrailBadger, $399 to be exact, YIKES.
I can text photos to anyone that wants them prior to me getting the photos reloaded on another site.
Send me a PM and I will get them over to you.

Ward

LakeLBJ

Observer
Great Jeep at a great price. Sent to a friend who is looking for a vehicle of this type. Just put the pics in a Google Photos account and post the link. Should take about 30 seconds to drag and drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne