Older ARB 45 cover

irish_11

Explorer
So I've been looking for a transit bag for an older ARB 45q fridge with no luck for about 6 months. I've tried on here, CL, ebay, etc. Just thought I would post up in the gear section as well to see if anyone has a lead on where to find one.

irish_11

Explorer
Just thought I would bump this. I think the Engel MT45 will fit it, but haven't been able to find a used one to test it out. Do the fridge covers make that much of a difference on insulation? Only asking because I have $250 into the fridge so a $150-ish for a cover is almost what I paid for the fridge itself.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Just thought I would bump this. I think the Engel MT45 will fit it, but haven't been able to find a used one to test it out. Do the fridge covers make that much of a difference on insulation? Only asking because I have $250 into the fridge so a $150-ish for a cover is almost what I paid for the fridge itself.

Maybe...I have the original T-cover on my 45 and it seems to hold the temperature very well. The bigger benefit is the extra cord pocket and scratch and dent protection. Depending on your travels, you may try some of the silver bubble wrap insulation ($20 at home depot) and silver or duct tape and test it's insulating benefits. If we see the need, we may start offering custom covers (waxed canvas, Cordura with insulation) down the road. Good luck

irish_11

Explorer
One last shot, but taking off next week and still looking for a cover. Sierra Expeditions is sold out and not getting any soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior