Injector troubles

quailchaser

Observer
This is a continuation of my lean condition thread. Got the car back from the shop. They replaced one injector and wanted to replace all of them. It still has the stumble at the 1500 rpm range, but seems to idle better, but I'm not sure.

As far as diagnosing the injectors, the shop said the resistance was good in all of them but the replaced one had very little click and fuel dribbled out. He said two more were weak when listening for the click. All electronics tested fine on their scope.

I plan on sending all 6 old injectors for cleaning and flow testing. I'm thinking if the shop is correct, the injectors are just clogged. Is there any other failure besides electronic and clogging that can occur? Some other mechanical issue I don't know about?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Our injectors are at that age, some of my friends have done injectors recently for similar reasons.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
I used Cruzin, rich did a nice job. Woke my truck up too. I had quite a bit of rumble or non consistent idle before I did the injectors and cured alot of that. I'm going to replace all of my coil packs in the coming weeks or months here soon to. Something you should consider as well.

mike5

Adventurer
I don't have the answer to your question but when I used RC Engineering, they said one injector was bad and could not be fixed. I ended up replacing that one. All others were cleaned and rebuilt.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I had mine bench tested 3-4 years ago and they all passed with flying colors....they're originals from 1998 with 185k on them. Shop said run em till they die.....

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Pa_Jero dropped off a spare set of injectors from a 3.5 DOHC for me yesterday. I am going to package them up and ship them off to Cruzin Perf. for a clean-up and rebuild so I can swap them in with no down time. I'll fix my vacuum leak at the front of my lower plenum at the same time with the linkage parts I have from a spare plenum I've been hanging onto for a while now. I'll keep you all posted how this goes.

John B.

quailchaser

Observer
Update so far. I shipped all my old injectors to Cruzin. They all passed the resistance and leak down tests. Three failed the spray pattern test. One flowed at have the pulsed volume and two others weren't as bad, but weak. After a few runs through the cleaner, all injectors tested within 6% dynamic (pulsed) and 2% static. They are on the way back now. I'll let you know if the rough running condition is fixed after I put them back in.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Update so far. I shipped all my old injectors to Cruzin. They all passed the resistance and leak down tests. Three failed the spray pattern test. One flowed at have the pulsed volume and two others weren't as bad, but weak. After a few runs through the cleaner, all injectors tested within 6% dynamic (pulsed) and 2% static. They are on the way back now. I'll let you know if the rough running condition is fixed after I put them back in.

Excellent. I, uh...haven't sent mine in yet, although they are sitting on my kitchen counter, wrapped up and ready to go into a box. I get caught in a rut sometimes. Good to know Rich is all warmed up on Montero injectors now.

John B.

evol911

Observer
I actually just had my injectors done. I'm just over 200k and they all passed with no problems at all. Flow rate, Ohms and spray pattern were all top notch. I should have just skipped the injector cleaning and just replaced the filters and seals. Would have saved me some money. At least I know they are good for another 200K ;)

PA_JERO

Adventurer
The rubber seal between the injector and manifold should be replaced while you are in there.

I'm pretty sure when I had mine done, he sent everything back individually sealed with new orings and other parts ready to be installed.

quailchaser

Observer
Cleaning the injectors did the trick! Truck runs great. I didn't even use the new injector. All 6 old ones are in and truck purrs like a kitten!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles