Custom GXV F550 Video Tour

Kiomon

Adventurer
Hey guys,

In our travel south we met Brian and his awesome custom GXV F550. Brian was working his was north on the panamerican highway. I thought I would share it with this forum. Check it out. We are releasing more of these RIGS from our travels, but this is the only GXV.

Cheers

adam88

Explorer
What???? I CANT HEAR YOU. 400k to sit and listen to a generator. When will they make these things with 2000w solar panels and lithium ion batteries.

SootyCamper

David, It runs on Methanol.
I think the biggest thing holding back these Fuel cell generators is simply the initial unit price and availability of fuel cartridges . Currently I found a marine retailer in Ontario Canada that has the 210 model priced at $6500CAD.

World Tour II

World Tour II
My generator was not on...... the noise is from the fan (above the table with bad bearing). I was in northern Peru on the coast .... very hot. Sorry, I should have turned off the fan before the guys came in to film..... Anyone know of a small 12 V fan that does not use a lot of power (and is quiet) ?

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
I also recommend Caframo fans, I have a Bora in the bed area of my motorhome and it's given me a lot of comfortable nights sleep. I also have some Hella turbo fans but they are noisier and do not feel as well made.

gregmchugh

Observer
Extra batteries don't exhaust anything and are silent... And where do you get methanol... .??

You did ask why someone would want one, not why someone wouldn't want one... :)

As noted by someone else, getting and storing the methanol fuel is a major issue. They also don't produce that much power compared to a generator.

supermoo

Observer
I believe that truck was for sale about 8 months about on the Expedition Truck Brokers site? It looked like a great example of a small truck with lots of room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles