Ford Econoline fiberglass & conversion

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
We have been working on a fiberglass conversion kit for the 1993-2007 vans to convert to the newer 2008 Body style. This pieces will also be sold individually if you have a 2008 and would like flared fenders or hood. The new fenders feature a 2.5" flare and are cut 2" higher giving a larger wheel opening in the rear portion near the door. The Hood features a 2" drop in the middle to give it a little more style with the ability to open it for additional air flow to the engine compartment. The hood and fenders are a direct bolt on using factory components. To finish off this conversion we have a fiberglass grill you can add your FORD emblem.
We will be offering a complete conversion kit that will include all mounting brackets necessary to complete the front end update. Our goal is to make a install video along with detailed direction on the installation process. As for now here is a pic of the Fiberglass components.
Ford Econoline Fiberglass Conversion 2008-20014

We will be adding more pics to this thread on the install and additional pics on the vehicles.

We look forward to your feedback,

Thanks
WTD

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Aaaand, the $64,000 question? (Does that reference even still make sense these days? Time marches on and all)

4x4pair

Adventurer
Wow, that's pretty cool. I was going to have my fenders redone for more clearance but I guess I'll wait to see where this goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wrap Dude

Dude...you didn't mention this Cool Azz stuff when we talked a few weeks ago. Please put me down for a kit !!

Raul

Adventurer
They look great. I'll love to see the fenders installed. A real alternative to the bushwaker flares.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I'm a wrench turner but not much of a body guy. How much "fit and finish" needs to be done besides standard paint prep? Aftermarket Glass parts have a rep for needing "tweaked" to fit right, and by tweaked I mean I could hit it with a hammer, but not much else. :)

Deshet

Adventurer
I am wondering if the fiberglass will look different next to the metal body.

I have intentions of doing this but I have never priced the metal parts. It seems as though your kit avoids the need to deal with the radiator mount and hood latch.

Can I use the standard ford grill with your other fiberglass pieces?

Any chance of a group buy price for the Beta testers of this kit?

I am assuming that it has never been installed on a van since no pictures are posted.

Thanks,

4x4pair

Adventurer
I am wondering if the fiberglass will look different next to the metal body.

It shouldn't. Your current hood is probably fiberglass and you probably can't tell the difference 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior