How much lift from Moog 880s on E350 2WD?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Possibly... the one shock I have that failed was with stock coils... the 'plunger' at the end of the shaft came unscrewed. The radius arm setup uses the shock to limit down travel.

Unloaded length of stock coils is 16" vs 17" for cc880s coils. I'd be inclined to measure minimum length at full compression and then compare that to the length needed for a 17" coil. It supposedly works with stock components... but longer would be better if they'd fit. On the side with the good shock, the coil needed to be compressed before the shock would fit. For street/my use it wouldn't be an issue, however, if you'll ever have a wheel in the air it could be a different story.

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
So... from your last comment I could possibly run into a problem with the OE replacement Bilstein shock length?

Shops here want $250 each for Bilstein shocks... amazon may be an option if I can find a seller who'll charge reasonable shipping.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
The reason why I asked about the Bilstein shocks is because I have them on my van already...

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
The stock shock seems to work fine with the new coils... in an ideal world, you'd add a limiting strap to take that duty off the shock. I don't know how well shocks stant up to being stretched.

I think you should get new custom fox shocks and send me your Bilsteins... assuming you've got the heavy duty RV ones.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Of course I have the HD versions lol but you can't have them just yet... lol
Iirc tire rack had them for $81 each.

I think I paid something like $70/shock for the shocks I put on my van at first, and then took off and now Shane @philos has them on his van.

Aj-USA was where I bought them, super fast shipping. I'll be heading to the Pacific Northwest in mid/late July, could probably bring a set of shocks with me. Will be in BC for a couple days.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Of course I have the HD versions lol but you can't have them just yet... lol
Iirc tire rack had them for $81 each.

With current exchange rates TireRack would be the same price.

"Can't have them just yet..." are you planning on a swap? I'm not in a big hurry if you're doing something in the future. I likely could find a temporary replacement for the broken one... not that it affects drive ability currently.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Honestly I have no current ideas or plans for changing the front end parts...
Sorry to mislead you.

Brianblair

I have a set of Bilsteins(part number 33-187563) with around very low miles(around 4k) that need a new home. $50 for the pair. Let me know if they'll work for anyone here.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I have a set of Bilsteins(part number 33-187563) with around very low miles(around 4k) that need a new home. $50 for the pair. Let me know if they'll work for anyone here.

Sold. If you can get me a price including shipping by USPS I'll take them. My rears are passable. One front is dead.

Of course if someone has E350 rears, let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94