Subaru Impreza "XV" - Building A Crosstrek / Michigan Adventure

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
i have a 2015 impreza sedan..... looking forward to pics of the new tires. I've been thinking 1" spacers and 205 general grabbers. that or i'll just trade it in on a new truck

I love the Grabbers! They would be a bit too aggressive for me, especially since I have BFG All-Terrains on our Xterra :)

The 1" spacers and bigger tires should be a great fit.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Awesome build man!

I happen to have a line on some parts that you're looking to add, PMing you now

Thank you sir! :D

Parts en route for the Subaru. Just made it back from Overland East, saw some beautiful vehicles and beautiful scenery at the Biltmore.

IMG_20161008_17264872_zpsv16wg4c9.jpg

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Had a good Subaru Sunday (and a Skyrim Sunday afterwards). Got my Rally Armor flaps installed, and I now understand the cost. Quality is definitely there, even in the packaging.

Also finally figured out why my newly-wired in fog lights weren't working - I was missing a relay. Kind of important, eh?

IMG_20161016_12591182_zps5w3ehuto.jpg

IMG_20161016_1300469_zpssopxsjmk.jpg

IMG_20161016_1610406_zpsuaguh6sc.jpg

IMG_20161016_12595502_zpscjqnl8zz.jpg

Still need to order my damn tires...goal is to have them on before it snows. But this is Michigan, so even though it's 80 today, it could very well snow tomorrow.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Nice build so far! I had the Rally Armors on my '02 WRX. They are pretty stout. I have been following a few of the modded Subies on Instagram now. The wife wants me to lift her '14 Crosstrek a bit when it runs out of warranty. Needs Rally Armors too. I may be switching back to a Scooby in the future. The Taco is too rough on my kidneys (found out they are crap).

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Nice, those Rally Armors are a perfect addition!

Thanks Garrett! Got a hell of a deal ;)

Nice build so far! I had the Rally Armors on my '02 WRX. They are pretty stout. I have been following a few of the modded Subies on Instagram now. The wife wants me to lift her '14 Crosstrek a bit when it runs out of warranty. Needs Rally Armors too. I may be switching back to a Scooby in the future. The Taco is too rough on my kidneys (found out they are crap).

Thanks Brett! I'm enjoying it immensely. I had the notion to trade in the Impreza for a Forester just to get something bigger (down the road), but I think I'm just going all out and getting the full-size Outback. Throw a 1-2" lift on there and some all-terrains and it would be perfect. Just wasn't in the budget this year. Growing family, less "off-road" needs, more comfort. Xterra is going to be traded for a Pathfinder / Land Rover / Sequoia, and eventually the Impreza will be a bigger Subaru or a Volvo. Just enough to get to High Rock ;)

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Thanks Garrett! Got a hell of a deal ;)

Thanks Brett! I'm enjoying it immensely. I had the notion to trade in the Impreza for a Forester just to get something bigger (down the road), but I think I'm just going all out and getting the full-size Outback. Throw a 1-2" lift on there and some all-terrains and it would be perfect. Just wasn't in the budget this year. Growing family, less "off-road" needs, more comfort. Xterra is going to be traded for a Pathfinder / Land Rover / Sequoia, and eventually the Impreza will be a bigger Subaru or a Volvo. Just enough to get to High Rock ;)

When my sister moved back here from Germany in August, I took her to see a buddy that sells Subarus (Tracie bought her's from him). I haven't really looked at them much in a few years. I was surprised by how much room was in the backseat area of the Forester. Not as much as the Outback. I think the Outback might a little more cubic volume. I could go with either I think. Check out foz roamer on Instagram. He is on here under a different name too I think. ************ Forester!

TFin04

Adventurer
Love our 2011 Outback. It is a perfect on road compliment to an off road truck for family road tripping.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Finally solved my tire dilemma! I had settled on the Pirelli Scorpion all-terrains for the 15" steel wheels, but they were way too expensive and winter was right around the corner. I went back to the drawing board and looked at the Geolandars because they're heavy-winter rated. I liked them, but ended up with some dedicated winter tires - General Altimax Arctic in 205/70R15. They were cheap (350 for five) and they are beefy. I decided on the dedicated winter set because I'd like to class it up a bit and get some alloy wheels next year, but I'm not sure which tire to mount on them. I'd still like some mild all-terrains, but the 17" wheel will really narrow my options.

Anyway, the winter setup! They fill out the wheel well pretty nicely, which was great to see considering how risky it felt to buy tires a full inch over stock size. It worked well with the ADF 1" spacers :) No rubbing at all.

IMG_20161129_1612399_zps49odzt9e.jpg

IMG_20161203_1411141_zpsqact7gh8.jpg

IMG_20161203_1413146_zpsjhgooh2j.jpg

Just need some snow :)

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
My ife's Crosstrek came with a Geolander but I don't know which one. They are getting ready to be replaced.

real3175

Observer
Looking good! I may be alone in this but, I really like the look of Subies with winter tires on plain ole black steelies.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
My forester came with geolander highway tires, I'm gonna try and trade them for something better. The forester is sitting on black steelies and blizzack ws80's right now. I did skid plates and muffler delete last week.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
My ife's Crosstrek came with a Geolander but I don't know which one. They are getting ready to be replaced.

Any idea what you're going to replace them with?

Looking good! I may be alone in this but, I really like the look of Subies with winter tires on plain ole black steelies.

Me too! I love seeing little econoboxes with steelies and winters.

My forester came with geolander highway tires, I'm gonna try and trade them for something better. The forester is sitting on black steelies and blizzack ws80's right now. I did skid plates and fuffler delete last week.

Nice! I wanted Blizzaks but just couldn't justify the price. How's the fozzy sound with the muffler delete? I love mine.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Any idea what you're going to replace them with?

Me too! I love seeing little econoboxes with steelies and winters.

Nice! I wanted Blizzaks but just couldn't justify the price. How's the fozzy sound with the muffler delete? I love mine.

Tire rack wanted to sell me slightly skinnier tires for winter, this makes sense but they listed an optional size which is my factory size. This factory size was on clearance for something like 108 a piece, so I went for it.

It sounds fine, not amazing. It can't compete with my mustang. It's just nice to hear what the engine is doing so I can time my shifts without looking to the dash to see how many rpm's I'm at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior