Subaru Impreza "XV" - Building A Crosstrek / Michigan Adventure

OuterLimits

I control the horizontal and the vertical
Perhaps, perhaps. Maybe some Mosin-Nagant 91/30 action - 1939 model, refinished furniture, muzzle break and surplus Ruski ammo :) Adding a scope next.

IMG_20150418_142222_zpsfefcc4cd.jpg

That's a real classic beauty!!! :clapping:

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Perhaps, perhaps. Maybe some Mosin-Nagant 91/30 action - 1939 model, refinished furniture, muzzle break and surplus Ruski ammo :) Adding a scope next.

Nice, I've got a couple of deer with mine. It's the cheapest most accurate gun I have.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador

Nice, I've got a couple of deer with mine. It's the cheapest most accurate gun I have.

I love mine. It took a lot to make it comfortable to shoot but I like where it's at now. It kicks but doesn't bruise. Refinishing the wood furniture was my favorite part about it.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
In other news, I'm slowly getting the Subaru ready for overland travel. My big trip this year is going to be Overland Expo East in October, so I want to complete my projects and do a few test runs before then. This summer should provide tons of opportunities for quick camping trips.

• Hit the trails - test out the new suspension and tire setup
  • Build a spare tire carrier system
  • Install a skid plate

Very eager to test out these all-terrains in the sand and rocks. Going to try to head to the northern part of the state to practice my rallying skills :)

My plans to build a spare tire carrier has a few different phases. I need an EcoHitch, which hides behind the fascia entirely. Then I need to either get a standard hitch-mount spare tire carrier (the kind that doesn't tilt down). The benefit is that I won't have to create anything, but it hinders my ability to open my hatch. My other option is to use an old Thule bike rack (the kind that tilts down). I would cut off the bike carriers and weld on a spare tire plate. It could be done pretty cheap, and would enable me to access my hatch. I'd also like to put my Trasharoo there, along with my set of MaxTrax that I have yet to buy.

I have my roof rack system all ironed out - my Oz tent RV3 fits into my Thule roof box, and I just finished getting my ARB awning situated with Yakima Mighty Mounts. Pictures to come.

I also need to install a new (bigger) battery, and swap my brake pads for some beefier ones.

The plan is to turn the weekend into a week-long overland trip. Take my time, see some friends, take it easy for a few days in the Appalachians.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Roof rack is situated for summer! Have our two bike racks up there, and finally got my ARB awning figured out. I put another theory to the test, which is always dangerous for me. Using the ARB 90 degree mounts and four Yakima Mighty Mounts, I secured it to the goofy sized crossbars. It was cheap, and definitely cheaper than the alternative - putting in Thule square crossbars instead of the OEM bars on there now. Works out great.

IMG_20170611_133806_550_zpsxjncokn2.jpg

IMG_20170611_214856_185_zpssmlceolm.jpg

IMG_20170611_2022528_zps3zrhdhf3.jpg

IMG_20170611_2021527_zpsxcnvikip.jpg

The Mighty Mounts do flex just a tiny bit, but they're bolted down and not going anywhere. I've had it up there for a few days now, covering daily highway drives and city driving. Solid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94