Swiss Army, our 1985 Saurer 6DM build.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
The electrical panel, washer, counter top section, is coming along nicely. Cabinets will get paint, and doors, wife looking at inserts to the panels, electrical outlet done.

Top two outlets are 110v from the new 24v/110v inverter. Bottom two are 110v from either generator or shorepower. Decided to run individual lines/breakers for each outlet. One GFCI on top piggy backs an external outlet in front of cabin for outdoor use.

Spot under counter for the Splendide washer. Valves are in the back of this skinny shelving unit, which will receive paint and a door soon.

Reusing the original shower system, connected to the pex lines in the ceiling. Hoses below for additional sink next to toilet.

Mocking up the toilet position next to the new cabinet we just built. A tight fit for everything, but, retrofitting the new section to the old that never had a bathroom, you get what you get.

Outside of new cabinet, shower system to the right. A door will be added, and shower curtain will be enclosed there. Original shower pan in front of outside door will be retained.

ripperj

Explorer
I like it. I’m envious of the room (compared to my 8’ Alaskan Cabover)

I had not seen those Pex? Flex connector hose, I could have used a couple :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grenadiers

Adventurer
I had to use some of the original Euro 'soft' hose in order to fit the small cabinet space. Where you see crimps, that's PEX, where you see hose clamps, that's the soft stuff. And it's a tad narrower, didn't fit the PEX fittings very well, but thicker skin, hence, the hose clamps. No leaks!

RonaldPottol

The electrical panel, washer, counter top section, is coming along nicely. Cabinets will get paint, and doors, wife looking at inserts to the panels, electrical outlet done.

Top two outlets are 110v from the new 24v/110v inverter. Bottom two are 110v from either generator or shorepower. Decided to run individual lines/breakers for each outlet. One GFCI on top piggy backs an external outlet in front of cabin for outdoor use.

Spot under counter for the Splendide washer. Valves are in the back of this skinny shelving unit, which will receive paint and a door soon.

Reusing the original shower system, connected to the pex lines in the ceiling. Hoses below for additional sink next to toilet.

Mocking up the toilet position next to the new cabinet we just built. A tight fit for everything, but, retrofitting the new section to the old that never had a bathroom, you get what you get.

Outside of new cabinet, shower system to the right. A door will be added, and shower curtain will be enclosed there. Original shower pan in front of outside door will be retained.

A trick the Vixen motorhome used was to turn the toilet 45 degrees, it made everything fit better. Not sure if that is off use to you, but it's not something you see.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Grenadiers

Adventurer
This Thetford model, the 'bowl' spins left and right, reason we bought it. Plus, the cassette is in the back, and that has to be up against a flat surface.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
Opposite the shower, is a cabinet. We added another layer of 'wall' and trimmed out the space below for both dog/cat food on the right side space (waiting for a door), and the large space for the cat's litter box. All new wood will be painted a light gray to match the rest of the cabinets.

We added a 'wall' to the original space (held the porta pottie), for our dog and cat food.

Last edited:

Grenadiers

Adventurer
A few days ago, we spent a DAY trimming out the door with aluminum. Ugh.

Also, using a variety of hole saws and flat blade wood saws, drilled a hole through the floor for the bathroom sink drain. Only smashed my fingers twice from the drill kick-back!

Grenadiers

Adventurer
Added doors to the electrical panel cabinets. Ok job, again, the transition from old to new has been interesting! And not plumb~! For us anyway....
Wife wanted them to open the same way.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
More stuff!
New flooring.

Door to hide shower faucet and shower curtain.

Benches and back wall painting matching grey.

New bathroom sink, this cabinet to be painted burgundy.

Test fit of washing machine.

Electrical panel cabinet painted.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
My wife is the painter, and she painted! Added the Burgundy, a tad more red than we like. Of course, the flash photography adds a little zip to the color.

Installed the new Ikea cabinet door handles.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
Thanks all, the light at the end of the tunnel grows brighter each day! Almost three months of effort thus far, since we got the truck back from the fabricators. Just the two of us and two bored little dogs as our helpers. Just have the cassette toilet installation, and gluing the new ceiling back on. First attempt, not so good. Bought 7 new filters for all of the subsystems, need to buy a few gallons of oil, new air cleaner, etc., just another step to actually go camping! Probably test it out in the Mogollon Rim for a few days.

Grenadiers

Adventurer
More stuff done! Ceiling is in, the OEM rivets though are a pain, and will show. Washer/dryer is in, tested out great, no leaks, toilet is in, ugh, did that suck. Not for the faint of heart, cutting into the side of the cabin! More caulking yet to do, but the inside is pretty much done. Now have to paint the new addition.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj249/grenadiers2007/Helga/DSCN993818380001.jpg
Gonna run a curtain rod in this embedded channel for a curtain for bathroom duty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles