Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Swiss Army, our 1985 Saurer 6DM build.

My wife is the painter, and she painted! Added the Burgundy, a tad more red than we like. Of course, the flash photography adds a little zip to the color.

Installed the new Ikea cabinet door handles.

Great progress!

I like the bright red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks all, the light at the end of the tunnel grows brighter each day! Almost three months of effort thus far, since we got the truck back from the fabricators. Just the two of us and two bored little dogs as our helpers. Just have the cassette toilet installation, and gluing the new ceiling back on. First attempt, not so good. Bought 7 new filters for all of the subsystems, need to buy a few gallons of oil, new air cleaner, etc., just another step to actually go camping! Probably test it out in the Mogollon Rim for a few days.

More stuff done! Ceiling is in, the OEM rivets though are a pain, and will show. Washer/dryer is in, tested out great, no leaks, toilet is in, ugh, did that suck. Not for the faint of heart, cutting into the side of the cabin! More caulking yet to do, but the inside is pretty much done. Now have to paint the new addition.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...3818380001.jpg
    Gonna run a curtain rod in this embedded channel for a curtain for bathroom duty!

Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Inside is finished. Lots of storage, here drawers they put in.

We have three sources of electricity. The original solar/battery 24v and 230v (kept their outlets), also can connect to shore power or generator. Plus, I added a 24v to 110v inverter(for my outlets), plus outlets for 110v that are sourced by either shore power, or the generator, all on one 30amp RV cord.

Our new (bought on craigslist for 500 bucks!), Splendide washer/dryer.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj249/grenadiers2007/Helga/DSCN997718770029.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    The original Dometic sink and propane stove.
    [IMG]View from the back of the new floor

Rear end, with red shelf for stereo system.

We went a tad crazy with aluminum trim stuff!

Cat space, food and pooper. Plus a hole in the back for her to 'escape'~!

Cover for shower pan.

New ceiling is probably not going to work. Cheap plastic from Home Depot, says right on there, don't use in RV when there's heat! Well, we have heat, due to the 5-bar aluminum roof! Oh well, looks great in the morning when it's cold. The plastic ripples when heated.

Last few things to do, include, adding more LED lights to the new section, you saw the wiring. And to paint the new addition exterior! Fun.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345