1st gen taco habitat build

CBTACOMA

Awesome truck. Just bought my 02 double cab in February. Did you get the relentless rear wraparound bumper and tire carrier? Any plans to regear?

aequitas3

I'm a truck…
@shark31 I would recommend installing one more OME add a leaf and timbren bump stomps. I have a good amount of weight in the back of my Tacoma and this combination is working quite well for me.
Are you talking about this Timbren "SES Kit" ? I need to put the OME AALs in my truck now that I have a Flippac. Before that I have had a 150-175lb shell, loaded up with gear and two bikes on the hitch and my OME Dakar leaves are flat just like the OEM ones I replaced. I may end up with a custom leaf pack as well to deal with the constant weight of the Flippac and interior I end up building out.

austintaco

Explorer
I have an 03 double cab with a Flippac, swing out, sliders, and built up bed area. I have been running the all pro expo rear Springs with timbrens since 2012, and I have no problem carrying the weight. Loaded up we have two bikes, two dogs, fridge, etc....

shark31

Since photo bucket crashed, I figured I'd post up some recent pics from my latest adventures in southern Appalachia as well as some pictures from my trip out to Houston to help with hurricane Harvey rescue operations.

I've got to say that the setup was almost perfect for rescue operations. At night I would just find high ground, set up the habitat, and be asleep in 5 minutes, without having to travel great distances away from the affected areas.

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

2scars

Adventurer
So I'm beginning to think I need to reinforce the frame. Anyone know of someone who sells a .250" plate for a double cab?

Trail gear, CBI, Low Range all sell the pre cut 1/4" rear frame plates for Tacomas. There are also frame boxing kits these trucks, may be a little over kill. I have teh plates on my truck and I notice way less bouncing out the rear with my swingout after I added the plates. And they are cheap insurance.

Brandon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94