Is this a series III

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
Trying to figure out the year of this rig and potentially buy it. I'm a Toyota guy so I'm having a difficult time.
Any idea on approximate year and value if everything is there? Not currently running but shouldn't be too much of a headache to get her to turn over

Attachments

• 6607.jpeg
    6607.jpeg
    412.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 6606.jpeg
    6606.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 34

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I am not a rover expert - but lights on the fenders is Series III - always possible it has a later front end on it but it all looks original.

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rover_Series

The Series III had the same body and engine options as the preceding IIa, including station wagons and the 1 Ton versions. Little changed cosmetically from the IIA to the Series III. The Series III is the most common Series vehicle, with 440,000 of the type built from 1971 to 1985. The headlights were moved to the wings on late production IIA models from 1968/9 onward (ostensibly to comply with Australian, American and Dutch lighting regulations) and remained in this position for the Series III. The traditional metal grille, featured on the Series I, II and IIA, was replaced with a plastic one for the Series III model.

The larger amber front blinker lights and the side reflectors / marker lights makes it look like a USA model (perhaps?)... at least they are good clues as to the year.

Good Luck with the acquisition...

Last edited:
Grill, headlights and Door hinges are series III - if the dash is vinyl with the instruments in front of the steering wheel then series III

JackW

Explorer
Definitely a Series 3, hood hinges, plastic dash, windshield washer, door hinges and plastic grille are all indicators. No

Factoid

Three criminal heroes
That is indeed a Series III, but it also looks like a Santana. Do you have a picture of the dash and back door?

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
Here's the interior.

I appreciate all the feedback. Unfortunately the seller is now not responding to messages.

Attachments

• 6646.jpeg
    6646.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 6647.jpeg
    6647.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 17

RRCamel

It's an English series III. The interior finish is the same as a 88" "ESPECIAL" from 1978 that I had until a few years ago. I also have to say, I did not set up a gasoline engine in the series III 88", (as far as I was alone in the "LIGERO") Santana's gasoline version in the Series III only rode in the 109" "ESPECIAL" and it was 6 Cylinders. Apart from this, the Santana also had no air intake in the fin.

A greeting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior