Cleanwaste Go Anywhere vs Reliance Fold To Go or any other suggestions

cr500taco

Adventurer
Looking into the two toilets to be used in a shower/privacy shelter. The Go Anywhere seems sturdier but it's twice tne price of the Fold To Go on Amazon and it seems like the bags for the Fold To Go are cheaper.
Wondering what you guys use and recommend?

outback97

Adventurer
We use the clean waste wag bags but instead of a folding toilet we use an actual toilet seat that fits on top of a plastic kitty litter bucket. Bungee cord around the bucket holds the wag bag in place, and the bucket can be used for more than one purpose.

cr500taco

Adventurer
We use the clean waste wag bags but instead of a folding toilet we use an actual toilet seat that fits on top of a plastic kitty litter bucket. Bungee cord around the bucket holds the wag bag in place, and the bucket can be used for more than one purpose.

i looked into the seats for the buckets. But, i like the.idea of the compactness of the folding toilets during transportation. I was thinking that the bucket could be used for other things, as well.

outback97

Adventurer
i looked into the seats for the buckets. But, i like the.idea of the compactness of the folding toilets during transportation. I was thinking that the bucket could be used for other things, as well.

I don't have a photo of it but imagine four pins screwed on the underside of your standard basic toilet seat that keep it in place on the bucket. The pins are about 1/2" diameter and I just used a small piece of plastic cylinder with wood screws to make them. Simple and cheap. As comfortable as the throne at home. It works on a round 5GL bucket (pins outside the pail) or the rectangular kitty litter bucket (pins inside the pail).

We keep the seat wrapped in a garbage bag and store it in an 8GL action packer tote that has other camping gear. It fits perfectly and takes up very little space. I didn't like the price of the folding PETT or the fact that it's so easy to pinch your fingers when you fold it up, plus I like gear that can serve more than one purpose and is effectively free.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Fourth season using our Cleanwaste Go Anywhere. I find it sturdy and the tripod leg design make is fairly easy to level on the ground and folds up compactly. No complaints really other than bag price... so I'm always on the look out for sales or deals on those.

Robert Bills

Explorer
The Reliance "Fold to Go" portable toilet is $29.63 both on Amazon and at your local Walmart. I don't recall the price of the Walmart store brand waste bags, but they are essentially the same as the Reliance brand "Double Doodie" bags at a slightly lower price.

My Reliance portable toilet is in its third season and has stood up well so far. I keep it in a 15 x 15 x 5 zippered bag with carry handles (vinyl coated truck tarp material) along with TP and other necessary supplies, which takes up less space than a bucket. I store used bags awaiting disposal in sealed ziplock bags inside a 5 1/2 x 11 x 13 h military surplus steel night vision goggle container which was designed with a rubber seal to keep moisture away from the expensive equipment inside and which works just as well to keep any moisture and odor inside.

Went thru this myself recently and bought the cleanwaste after reading reviews because it sits up higher than the reliance version, which for me made all the difference. I believe the seat may be larger as well.

dstock

Explorer
Cleanwaste for us but we prefer the Double Doodie bags. Had it for a couple years with no issues.

dstock

Explorer
The outside bag is attached to the inside bag, just makes it easier to seal it up and dispose then having to put one bag into another.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mgyver1

Observer
Looking into the two toilets to be used in a shower/privacy shelter. The Go Anywhere seems sturdier but it's twice tne price of the Fold To Go on Amazon and it seems like the bags for the Fold To Go are cheaper.
Wondering what you guys use and recommend?

I have the Reliance and think it's fine for the limited times I use it. The legs are slightly difficult to open, pop in to place and unlock to store compared to the PETT, at least from the videos I've seen. But for the limited times I use it I didn't see the need for the added cost. As far as the height, I'd rather have a shorter toilet than taller. The best is setting up the toilet near a rock you can prop your feet up on, gives the effect as the Squatty Potty :) [video]https://youtu.be/YbYWhdLO43Q[/video]

Mgyver1

Observer
Sorry to dig up an old thread but wondering if anyone has experience using both toilets? I currently have the Reliance & it’s strapped to my window molle panel with a Perfect Bungee. It rattles and I’m pretty sure it’s the legs so I’m wondering if the Cleanwaste/PETT toilet is “tighter.” And I agree above that the legs are a little finicky on the Reliance, but that isn’t worth the additional cost for how often I use it. Now solving a rattle that’s there for hours on end, THAT is worth the added cost!

Last edited:

Robert Bills

Explorer
I figured out which leg was rattling when my Reliance unit was folded up and stuck a small scrap piece shop towel there to prevent hard plastic to hard plastic contact at that spot. Problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior