FS: 2010 Gobi Stealth JKU Rack with Ladder and QDs

TheDriver

Observer
I'm selling my 2010 JKU (4 door) Gobi Stealth rack to make way for a planned J30 camper top purchase. I paid over $1800 shipped and am looking to get $900 (cash) toward the J30. The rack was purchased new for my 2009 JKU and has been on it since 2010. It is in great condition. It has the older style (wider, better) ladder on the left side and a set of brand new quick disconnects for the front a-pillar connection (never installed).

This is arguably the best rack for the JKU made and I've loved owning it - from firewood to kayaks to skis/snowboards to roof top tents and solar panels this thing is bomber and does not move. It is especially nice to tie off tarps and hammocks to when camping.

It is too heavy to ship and is still on the jeep so it's either a pick-it-up or a deliver-it-and-remove-it sale. Located in North Lake Tahoe and often in Reno. Send me a PM if you are interested - I'm happy to show it in person. Thanks! Chris

gobi_2.jpg

gobi_3.jpg

gobi_new.jpg

Last edited:

TheDriver

Observer
Yep - the rack is still available. Updated info on it is:

1) The rack is off my jeep so it needs to be picked up in Incline Village, NV. Installation (mostly of the rear mounts) is a process. You can do it here but I don't have all the tools so be ready when you pick it up either to take it or to bring the tools and spend a bunch of time on the install.
2) I ran into an issue unbolting the rear supports from the Jeep frame (seized threads) and had to cut the bolts. This resulted in a $400 purchase from Gobi that just arrived yesterday. New parts include: Updated new-design v3 rear mounting brackets (see the current install instructions on their site), new install hardware (bolts, etc.), a new install "kit" that includes all new protective pads and plastics of the latest design.
3) The ladder I have is the original style "flat" ladder that works with the 1st gen JK narrower rear hardtop glass. From what I can gather this will work with a 2007-2010 hardtop (mine is a 2009). It will also work if you run a soft top or no top. A new style "corner" ladder for either side will work with the rack but I don't have those.
4) With the additional $400 I just spent on the latest install and mounting hardware the $900 price is firm.

Thanks!

Chris

TheDriver

Observer
Hi Robbi,

From what I understand the "flat style" ladder I have will not work with the 2015 hardtop (the ladder will interfere with opening the rear glass). It will work if you are running a soft top or no top. The newer style ladders are rounded in a "corner" style to deal with the wider hardtop rear window (these will fit my rack but I don't have them). I would note that I almost never used the ladder and that it is optional to install on the rack - I found it much easier to get to stuff on the roof by standing on the tires.

Chris

I'm just now seeing this post. Will the ladder work on a 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDriver

Observer
From what Gobi has said to me in past conversations with them the answer is yes. About two years ago I tried to get a second flat ladder for the passenger side (to use as a jerry can mounting point) and they said they no longer made that style but would sell me one of the new "corner" ones and that it would fit. Based on looking at the current rack pictures the mounting points for the ladders appear to have not changed over time. They can confirm this on the phone if you want to double check :)

Chris

Do you know if I buy the newer ladders if they will mount to the rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDriver

Observer
SOLD!

Thanks Drew - it was a pleasure getting to know you and getting it installed on your 09 with the new install hardware. Safe travels back to Bakersfield :)

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior