A/C for my Jeep

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Get creative and build a mount for the second compressor. Or buy an electric compressor for OBA. So many technically correct options and here you are talking yourself into a total embarrassment of a hack. Those guys up there responded tongue in cheek - you missed that. It is a total mistake and hack to use a window unit. One of many reasons that is not a good idea is that they are not designed to handle vibration. But so what? Go for it, pardner.

If you persist, post a build thread and update with real-world performance as we can use the laugh.

Dual compressor mounts were pretty common for the Jeep series for just this reason. I'd really look into that vs the discussed alternative.

playhard

Observer
WOW, sorry I asked a question. I thought this was a good forum to discuss ideas without getting flamed. I do want to thank most people on here for good input.

mathers420

Observer
WOW, sorry I asked a question. I thought this was a good forum to discuss ideas without getting flamed. I do want to thank most people on here for good input.

You didn't get flamed, go ask this on pirate4x4 and you will understand what it means to be flamed.
People actually entertained your thought and gave you "possible" solutions.

There's no denying that it's a bad idea to run a residential A/C system in a vehicle.

follow Maggie

Go to the junk yard & do it the right way. An air compressor doesn't need to be under the hood. Where are you going to put the batteries you'll need for the inverter? I don't understand not wanting anything custom it being willing to have a house air conditioner sticking out the back window replaced with plywood.

flatboat

Thermadore

You must not remember the old Thermadore swamp coolers that hung on the window before there was ac in cars !

Attachments

• DSCN0584.JPG
    DSCN0584.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles