Fourmile Area, Buena Vista CO

SAS

Observer
On the weekend of 3-4 June, I spent the weekend with guys from trailsoffroad and 8Koffroad in the Fourmile Area. We ran a couple of new-to-me trails (three or four, actually) and some familiar ones to update conditions on the trail guides.

We found a short connector, FS Road 185D, to be a fantastic trail with a good mix of inclines, descents, ruts, and rocks. As always in BV, the views of the Arkansas River Valley and Collegiate Peaks are spectacular.

000_0065.JPG

000_0047.JPG

000_0001.JPG

000_0076.JPG

Attachments

• 000_0054.JPG
    000_0054.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 25

Rut Ro

thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to explore that area down there. Once my rig is up and running it will be one of the first trips Ill be taking.

andy29847

Adventurer
Four Mile is fun!
colorado%20sunday%20012-XL.jpg

jeromehdmc

Did a little exploring in the FWC Eagle truck camper North of 24 a couple weeks ago. My main purpose was to scout some camping sites for when I bring my bikes out for a little trail riding. Camped near the arch and another site that had a big flat rock as the back of a firepit. I want to hit the area South of 24 next time out, are there many camping sites off of FS300?

SAS

Observer
I want to hit the area South of 24 next time out, are there many camping sites off of FS300?

Yes, there are a few good sites on FS Road 300 (aka Bald Mountain Gulch), especially the ridge where I've marked Waypoint 9 in the trail guide, below. If you camp on the west side of the FS Road, there is a hiking path to the rocky crest where you can view the Arkansas River Valley. It's fantastic at sunset as the sun goes down over Mt. Antero and the Collegiate Peaks.
https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/619-bald-mountain-gulch

A couple of other prime spots off of FS Road 300 would be on FS Road 185D (Waypoint 10). 185D is aka Little Cottonwood Creek. The guide for it should be published before the end of July. Climb up toward the east/northeast from 300, and watch for a spur to your right after approximately one mile. Phenomenal spot (was occupied when we got there, though).

Another prime spot off of 300 is on what I called "Bald Mountain Gulch Cutoff", FS Road 300C. It is marked as Waypoint 2.
https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/2544-bald-mountain-gulch-cutoff

Site registration is free, and allows you to view all trails (970 as of today, in 19 States plus New Brunswick, Canada), including the GPS track with waypoint photos, video, and camping info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles